Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Counter circuit used to switch an encoder chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
0RESET0 said:
ljcox said:
Sean,
You need the 74HC05.

OOPS, I will look for those when I get home.

I posted the revised circuits on 26 Feb. I retained the 74LS07 for the computer interface suggested by Eric, but changed the Tx driver ICs to 74HC05. I suggest you print these as they are the current reference. I know you don't want to use the multiplexer, but the other 3 are still relevant.

Do you think I need to use different thicknesses of traces on this board? I was thinking that since everything is basically the same voltage, I could use the same width on all of the traces. See below

I have solved the battery life issue. On a recent trip to the local radio shack, I found several RC car batteries in the clearance pile. I now have 10 9.6V rechargeable batteries. I will just source a connector to match the one on the battery and take a few with me when I go to the shoot site.

Sean
The width of the traces depends on the current, not the voltage.

You need wider trscks for high currents, but you don't have any such currents so it is not an issue.

The spacing between adjacent tracks needs to be increased if there are high voltages on the PCB. Again, not an issue for you.

Last edited:
I got the (2) 74HC05 ordered. I also ordered a few other things that i am going to need. This order should be here by Friday.

I spent too much time shopping for components and did not have a chance to try my idea for the PCB layout. Tonight should be much better, nothing else to do.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back