Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

converter charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you have 12v on one side of it and 9.9v on the other side, you have dirty/pitted/corroded contacts. Clean them or replace the unit. That is about the only thing I can suggest.

What is it when its hooked up to a good battery?
Do you also have a bad diode?
Is the float charge control messed up?

9.9 Volts RMS with a capacitor or a battery gives you 14 volts peak.

Last edited:
Yeah, you sure your battery isn't the problem? The thing's going to have some resistance, and if your battery is sucking down a lot of juice there will be a voltage drop.

Also, if the contact resistance is too low because there isn't enough FORCE on the contacts, that will cause it. You see that in a relay sometimes. If you get a low-ohms meter and measure contact resistance you can see it drop an order of magnitude or more when you really mash down on a set of electrical contacts like that.

I clean the contact and band the strip,now I have whit load 12.2v and 11.5v
whit out load 9.9v and 11.5v
I n't understand everything but it look good for my.what do you think?
thank you to every body help me.

Less than a volt drop like that looks fine.

After charging, the battery should sit at 13.25V +-0.1V. If it doesn't come up to that, then you have a shorted cell in the battery, which could have cooked your thermal breaker in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back