Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Control Car A/C unit contols

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthRT

Hey all i am looking to do a modification to my current A/C and heat control unit. I would like to control it via the Arduino.

Here are some images of what my a/c and heat control unit knobs look like:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

All i am looking to do is be able to control them via my PC using the arduino. However, i am unsure of what i can use to either:

(1) Turn the individual 3 knobs like i would with my hand using some type of solenoid?
(2) plug into the output? and see how i can mimic the turning via the back of the control unit pin wires. Would need help in this category with what i need in order to "listen" to what its doing every time i turn a knob.

I will be customizing a dash to house my tablet and therefore it will overlap the air control knobs so i am just looking for a better way in using them since it will be hard to get to them after i install the tablet.

Thanks for your time!

David

Seems to me that it might be easier to extend the current wiring arangement and relocate the control panel.

Have you thought about taking it apart further and seeing what's underneath?

As an example it could be an encoder or a potentiometer for the controls.
The selector could be a matrix of resistors for modes.
It could also be a CAN bus module.

Try reverse engineering what you have and if you have things that look like resistors and measure them. If you have IC's try to get the numbers off of them (probably futile)

The wiring diagram for the car should be able to ascertain some amount of functionality.

Somewhere I have a link that allows you to buy access for a certain amounts of time and by vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back