Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting an LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and thanks always

This must be the stupidest question ever but I would appreciate if someone help me.
Tired of 7segs I bought a LCD. This one over here
0000000000168662_4.jpg

now you see the connections to the right....? How do I connect this? Ultimately I want to connect this to a board but in the meantime I also want to connect it to a breadboard.
Now I think the most elegant solution would be something like
549431_3.jpg

However I dont have that kind of connector :confused:
Another option is the "Pin headers" but you see these 2 rows of pins? they are so close to each other it is not possible to connect it to a breadboard:arghh:

Any suggestions...?

P.S. Also do you know any tutorial or resource where I can learn about these basic things: ergo connectors and stuff

Last edited:
Many used Zebra conductive polymer connectors.

Do yourself a favor and get the link for the datasheets

How about these:

**broken link removed**

Or a dupont cable with pins either end.

Or just snip the wires of some resistors or whatever stick on eend in the display and the other in the breadboard, do it acros the centre section as though it were an ic

You did well not to break the plastic.

It wouldnt be the first time where I've made a connector from these with a blodge of hot glue, esp 'lemo' ones that are made from unobtanium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back