Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Component Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalMadness

I'm trying to build the circuit attached below. Where is the best place to get these. I've been to Maplin's and managed to get the 100µF 50v capacitors, but not the others or the diodes. I've also had a look on RS-online, but find it confusing there. Needless to say, I'm new at this

Diode: 1N34 or 1N34a Germanium
Capacitor: 200 nF 200v Ceramic disc types

Thanks

Attachments

• a1.png
    a1.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 907
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,266
  • c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 905
Last edited:
from some old stuff, the germanium diodes you can find them in the tuner in old CRT TV's, the 200nF 200V why a Disc type ?
you can use some block type, in the images the 200nF are block type

Last edited:
hi,
Look here.

Link deleted, Virus reports.

Last edited:
Hi TotalMadness,

Diode: 1N34 or 1N34a Germanium:

1)Manufacturer: MICROSEMI; Manufacturer Part Number: 1N34A;CASE:DO-7;

Reverse Voltage: 65V;Forward Current:50mA;Operating Temperature Range:-55°C to +75°C;

2) Manufacturer: NTE;Manufacturer Part Number:1N34A;CASE:DO-7;

Reverse Voltage: 75V;Forward Current:50mA;Operating Temperature Range:-55°C to +75°C;

3) Manufacturer: Central Semiconductor;Manufacturer Part Number:1N34A;CASE:DO-7;

Reverse Voltage: 75V;Forward Current:50mA;Operating Temperature Range:-55°C to +75°C;

which one is your wanted?

Capacitor: 200 nF 200v Ceramic disc types:

NO 200 nF 200v Ceramic disc types in market; I think this is what you wanted, here it is:

Through Hole;Manufacturer:Kemet;Manufacturer Part Number:05HV22B204KM;CASE:0.275 in

0.2µF(200nF) 500V exactitude: 10%;temperature coefficient:X7R

Regards,
Hong Bin

Did you ever complete your project on this? Did it work?

I found the thread after a search on the capacitors specified, as I'm thinking of trying the same thing, and would love to hear how you got on

Yes TotalMadness did build the circuit and it did work... then big energy found out and had him wacked!... jk...lol

AVG Antivirus has just reported a threat to me, when I tried to go to ericgibbs link on this posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Symantec reported a threat to me when I clicked on it as well.... ????

hi,
It was OK at the date of posting, but it will be wise to go back delete it, thanks for the feedback.

i followed the link and glanced it's content. quick scroll down and my eye was drawn to a red bold text:

"This arrangement provides serious power, enough to cause injury to, or kill a careless human."

intrigued, i read the next sentence too:
"With two modules, it will light an LED very brightly, driving it to 2.6 volts."

not bad at all for a free energy device ;-D

Good day all.

I have as yet not started this project because of health problems that started after having purchased all the required components which took four months to recover from. This project is something I still wish to continue.

Another SCAM: Tesla's Secrets. This $49.00 .pdf is filled with factual history of Tesla's life but the comments about FREE ENERGY are very suspect and energy detected in the video from the simple diode and antenna project represents the energy from TV stations, mobile phone towers etc - the energy is minûte.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to agree. There will be some voltage generated, but not much. RF is simply not that powerful, it is for information, not power.

A good alternate diode for anyone wanting to experiment is almost any Shottky diode, as they have comparable voltage drops to germanium diodes but can handle a lot more power.

Last edited:
You know what I know? Most people are wrong most of the time. You want the proof? Just watch how most people vote. And you know what else? Those same people think they are experts on what are and what are not scams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back