Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Component Exchange question

Status
Not open for further replies.

91 XR7

Hello all,

I've been working on a small circuit which is posted in the Automotive Electronics section and want to try and minimize the components in the circuit. So i have a few questions.

The Circuit i have as of now, hand drawn to boot, is
**broken link removed**

1) I have gotten rid of the relay to switch the Negative (Fan #1) trigger to a positive using a PNP MJE2955T i had on hand, But at this time, only using a 22K pull up, and a 2.2K trigger on the base. the MJE2955T may be over kill for the circuit thou, the other option i have for a PNP is a 2N3906, but i don't think that's enough? Options?

2) Now in the circuit there is two Darlington pair like setup using a 2n3904 and a BC140, Could i replace those for say a TIP120?

The circuits on my diagram are based off of Bowden's Hobby Circuits websites Delayed On and Delay Off circuits.

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back