Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Complements, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Most Helpful Member
I just got a very nice response from a company I recently dealt with that i would like to share:

All in all I am impressed with your knowledge and willingness to take on a challenge. I will use what you have shown us to help others going forward. Thank you!!!!!

It's not everyday you get this sort of response because of a "piece of tape". I solved the same problem I had 14 years ago with a much simpler solution, It's not at all likely to have this $20 a roll tape at home or at work. I changed the response of a sensor the first time using a cut piece of plastic sunglasses. This time I used Kapton tape. see: https://www.kaptontape.com/

It just gives you a warm and comfy feeling all over.

sometimes ''little deeds'' are that matter the most. it's not always like ''what's in it for me?'' or ''someone else can do it''
sorry if this didn't quite add to your story, just came to mind!

and umm, what was that thing you actually did? i didn't quite understand it...

Kiss,
An expression of praise or admiration is spelled compliment, not complement.

Ratch

Sounds like a filter for a sensor.
I used to have to make color filters on the fly.

Electronic day/night mirrors have senors pointing toward the windshield and the rear of the vehicle. I happed to get an identical salvage, except different mount, mirror at the time the glass broke. The mirror also contains map which are used as interior lights. The original problem was not mirror related. Using the salvage mirror, the dome circuit would not work at all.

In any event, I learned that technology changed in 14 years from a liquid fluid to gel and the sealing is done differently. I also learned that at 14 years, the lifetime is about up. All of this info from the OEM.

So, it made more sense to repair at slightly over $100 USD.

In any event, I installed the new mirror when the salvage mirror was actively dimming and noticed that it dimmed too much. I held a pair of sunglasses over the sensor and the response was more to my liking. On another vehicle I cut a piece of sunglasses and glued it to the sensor to change the response. In this case, the new and old behaved differently/
A piece of Kapton tape was a simpler solution.

The adhesive is stable to 200+ C and removes very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back