Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Competition #3: Best 555 Timer Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Brownout! Mike2545 just pointed out to me that in the circuits section just click on the image to see the whole diagram.
FYI

I see it better now. Musta been my crappy work computer. I'm supposed to get a new on in a couple days.

I see some really nice entries here. Good job fellas.

So when do we vote on these things? Or dont we?

So when do we vote on these things? Or dont we?

According to first post in this thread.

Judging

This competition is judged by the moderators. The judging will be based on the circuits creative functionality, your understanding of the circuit, and the quality of the presentation.

The results are in everyone!

Firstly a big thank you to all who entered and everyones encouragement. This competition has been a great success and it's thanks to you guys! This will defiantely not be the last competition.

Okay so here it is, the announcment you've been waiting for the winners are.....

1st (Winner): ADC Using 555 Timer - Delta Modulator - Submitted by bananasiong
Your entry was very original and was a great use of the 555 for an ADC. It was also very nicely presented and excellently documented.

2nd (Runner Up): Canaria Furioso (Canary Simulator) - Submitted by Boncuk
For using 6 555's in a complicated yet simple circuit. Great orinality.

3rd (Second Runner Up): TimerBot Project - Submitted by Mikebits
For demonstrating the versatility of a 555 and the way it can be used for an inexpensive robot project.​

Congratulations guys, I'll be in contact with details of your prizes. And to the people that didn't place, I will be contacting you also.

Kudos to the winners and all the other participants, really wanted to enter but didn't have a decent idea.

Congrats guys!

Any chance we can get the .wav file from the Canaria Furioso.

Last edited:
TimerBot revamped

Now that the 555 contest is over, I wanted to revamp my timerbot entry without the constraints imposed on the in the contest which only allowed the use of 555 IC's . This design uses 1 556 IC 1 Nand gate IC and 1 Dual Hbridge IC. This should still function like the original contest entry. I have been working on a PCB for it as well but ran into a few snags getting a few nets to route. I was hoping someone might step up to help with my PCB layout. In the meantime here is the schematic.

Attachments

• Timerbot3.png
    Timerbot3.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 399
Oh btw, here are the Eagle files for the brd and sch of timerbot3. I had to add .txt extension to the board file so it would upload. Just remove the .txt extension.

Attachments

• timerbot3.sch
    148.2 KB · Views: 329
  • timerbot3.brd.txt
    22.9 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Just an update on the revamped timerbot PCB. Our Dear friend Hans, AKA Boncuk was kind enough to produce a beautiful looking PCB for the schematic attached in post #94.
Just to give you an idea of how it looks I am attaching an image of Hans layout. When I get time I will put together a full instruction package if there is any interest, otherwise I will just do a build for Hans and myself.

Thanks a bunch Hans :)

Attachments

• timerbot3brd.png
    timerbot3brd.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
When are we going to have another 555 timer contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back