Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coils, windings, and formulas-OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

indegreen

Hi all,
This is my first post on Electrotech. I am about to build a dual rotor axial flux alternator, and I am in need of an online calculator for # of winding turns, air gap distances, wire size etc. Anyone know of such a site, or steps for manual calculations would be fine (If I must!).
Thanks

Go check the sticky I made and have a look at otherpower that will tell you everything you need to know. Or some of the other links I put in there. Really for a newbie that is first place one should look

Last edited:
Hello again Bryan1,
I thought a sticky was a link, but perhaps I should just ask, what is a sticky please. and where did you put it?
Thanks

a good start

**broken link removed**

Hi, the above has all the info you requested.

I built three VAWT's that produce a max of 5 amp's @ 16 volts AC. I am looking for a circuit that I can use to connect the outputs together for charging a battery bank. I was thinking convert the output to DC then connect them in series.

I did find out that large wire give more current but requires high RPM's.

I used two wires of 22 gauge to wind my coils and they max out at about 700 RPM's. I am hoping they will start producing at a lower wind speed.Best of luck and I hope to see some pics.

Attachments

• 0009[0].JPG
    0009[0].JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 367
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back