Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Class Project! Help Quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@007

Still about two years away :D
I may do a couple of projects by then... or I'll be happy posting in other people's threads :D :p

I'll second the ExpressPCB idea if all you need to do is draw schematics. Eagle is very powerful and has a good collection of parts included, but the interface can be a little weird.

Having said that, I must say that overall, I prefer Eagle (the free version) to ExpressPCB.

As to your problems with the Electro-Tech site, I agree with Sceadwian that using Windows 2000 has nothing to do with it. The browser you are using might, though. What web browser are you using?

Regards,

Torben

As to your problems with the Electro-Tech site, I agree with Sceadwian that using Windows 2000 has nothing to do with it. The browser you are using might, though. What web browser are you using?

Regards,

Torben

Electro Master asked me the same question. I use internet Explorer 6.0.
I can get Opera installed (a friend has it) but I'm not sure what version it is.
I can't even update Internet Explorer to a higher version as my OS doesn't support it. My PC is over 9 years old!

Electro Master asked me the same question. I use internet Explorer 6.0.
I can get Opera installed (a friend has it) but I'm not sure what version it is.
I can't even update Internet Explorer to a higher version as my OS doesn't support it. My PC is over 9 years old!

OK, that may be your problem. I seem to recall other people here having the same problem, maybe about a year ago.

IE 6 is bad enough that the company I work for charges extra to support it. I don't think a 9 year old computer will run Firefox 3 very well, but it might be worth a try. It's a much better browser, and it's free. Google 'download firefox' if you want to try it.

If you can still find Firefox 2 it might work slightly better on an older machine but I'm not sure. Opera is also much better than IE 6 though, so I'd say go ahead and install it and see if it helps.

Good luck!

Torben

Firefox 2 is a much more trim browser, less of a memory hog. Biggest things with browsers nowdays is memory not CPU power. Although don't try to play flash games or watch video on a slow machine.

Firefox 2 is a much more trim browser, less of a memory hog. Biggest things with browsers nowdays is memory not CPU power. Although don't try to play flash games or watch video on a slow machine.

Agreed. FF 3 is not a bad browser except for the first 5-10 minutes after I start it up, when it's still getting all its ducks in a row in memory. During that period it's a complete and utter pig. Oh well. After that it's usually OK.

I also agree that memory is the key, although the sad thing is that finding memory for some older machines can be hard and when you do find it, it can be expensive.

Torben

Don't even think about buying it new, it's twice the price because they're either using old stock and charging and arm and a leg for it or running it as an afterthought in like one factory. ebay or something like craigge's list would get you better results.

Don't even think about buying it new, it's twice the price because they're either using old stock and charging and arm and a leg for it or running it as an afterthought in like one factory. ebay or something like craigge's list would get you better results.

No fooling. I usually would just try try a salvage shop. There used to be a great one in Vancouver with bins and bins of parts recovered from old machines. Found some real bargains there.

Torben

No fooling. I usually would just try try a salvage shop. There used to be a great one in Vancouver with bins and bins of parts recovered from old machines. Found some real bargains there.

Torben

Oh we've a black market here were parts, chips etc are sold in Kilos! :D
Out of the lot only a few may work...i.e if you are lucky :D
Yeah I can't expand the memory... A computer professional told me I couldn't :(

:confused: Please explain :confused:

There may be some technique that I dont know about, but in many years I have never seen a zerocrossing detector used in VSWR measurement.
JimB
I stand corrected as I was thinking of zero bias detector (diodes) used in VSWR testing.

hi,.... ayaskanta

i m a final year EC engg student. i m looking for a good major project on VHDL.
please response me at su2sush@gmail.com

if any body have any info please response me .....
sorry for this way communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back