Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit for 2 motor motion, steering control needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddytheC

Can someone point me to a circuit that can control the fwd/rev & steering for a 2 motor robot?
I have 2 wheel chair motors, each controlled by a power driver of 30A (12V). These drivers accept a PWM signal, one to go fwd & another to go rev. Do I just control them directly with a microcontroller & code or do I need something else? If so is there somewhere I can look for the type of microcontroller needed w/code? Thanks!

can you post the motor specs ? for any power drives, you got to have some isolation like opto couplers or at least switching transistors. pwn can be easilt achieved, use almost any AVR or PIC which has an inbuit PWM module and there a pretty huge documentation about how to achieve this. easier method id to go for an arduino module (warning if you wanna learn more about mcu and its functionality, do not go for arduino)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back