Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Check out this cool PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone Electro

Its an ummm.... Military amo box osciloscope like PC.

**broken link removed**

That was prety good moding if you ask me.I like how the VFD displays looks like.

It's not a real osciloscope, it's a VFD display that can show different pictures and that guy is displaying sine wave just to look cool.

VFD stands for "Vacuum Fluorescent Display", it's like LED but it has smaller seqments and needs high voltage to function....

Someone on that site got UV paint madnes.Almost evrything is UV reactive.

An VFD is not as compilated as it looks.In front are hair thin wires that heat up and emit electrons in the vacum.Second is the grid wich directs the electrons to the phosphor.(the grid is used to make segments)And the final layer is the phosphor it self.It has an metal contact that atracts electrons. and wen they hit the phosphor lights up.

these work down to 12V.

I have one from an old VCR that uses 50V.I personaly dont like VFDs to much.An OLED (Organic Light Emiting Display) wod be beter.These can even be made to fold like paper.They use an aray of tini organic LEDs.Thay have an huge angle of viev.And produce nice colors.And best of all an black displayd dosent use any power (by an color LCD its that same if its White or Black)

where can I get a vfd???
they look cool... I wanna do somin like that...

I seen an 1 X 16 charecter VFD thats costs 100$!!!

You beter go whith OLED displays.There evry pixel is an LED so it looks simaler.And OLEDs give an much sharper picure.And there cheaper.

Btw:You need a MCU to interface them.

oh well...
I better stick to one project at a time anyway, or at least one less...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back