Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap Grid Tie Inverter Manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zicmama

Hello,

I am seeking for the best way to use my solar panels and wind turbine energy.
The best would be to use it on my home grid...
But these devices are a bit too expensive for me now.

Does anyone knows how to find a 1.5kW inverter for 500$?
Please give me a price estimation for inverters.

Regards
Fred

I would watch the on line auctions myself. You may get lucky and get one. But given the demand for larger sized units your going to have a hard time at it still!

The actual new value on a 1.5 kw GTI is pushing the $1500 - $2000 US currency level. So I doubt it would go for $500 unless its old or damaged.

The overall price seems to be in the $1+ a watt range on the average.

GTI are rather pricy due to the demand and the need for them to be very reliable, I assume you are not going to use batteries, so its you decision: buy batteries and a cheap stand alone inverter or save on the batteries and buy the more exspensive grid tied inverter

Not forgetting all the approvals they need to have from the power companies.

well if your looking long term operation and have sufficient capacity its going to be more efficient power wise than using batteries, thing is though you won't neccesarily get that much money for the power you make if your making enough to sell back to the grid, if your not at home to use it your giving it away for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back