Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cheap electronic compass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm.. I contacted Digikey and it seems they ran out of these.. I wouldn't bet my hopes too high if I were you.
Inform us if you manage to buy it. You'd be doin' me a favor for that, man. :p

Attachments

• kmz51_compasssensor_circuit1_2104.gif
    kmz51_compasssensor_circuit1_2104.gif
    8 KB · Views: 1,142
I contacted NXP (the company producing KMZ51/52) about the product and they replied:

NXP Semiconductors answer:

Thank You for Contacting NXP Semiconductors.

This part is being discontinued as of December 31 2009.
The last time buy date was June 30 2009.

:(

Electronic Compass OSD

Hi,

I am working on lightning research using a low light camera. We have a GPS that calculates UTC timing and embeds the timing on the video (OSD). In addition, I would like to add an electronic compass that I can add to the video using OSD to know the direction the camera is pointing.

Any recommendations?

Thank you,

Guillermo

Hi, welcome here.

Dinsmore makes 'em as well, since the KMZ51/52 is discontinued from production. Otherwise, Farnell/Digikey offers better ones at much higher prices. Anyway, start a new thread for your question next time... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back