Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Changing PCB Decal in Pads Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuchy143

Hi All,

I don't normally use pads and I having some trouble changing a resistor from a 1/4W package to a 1W package in Pads Layout. It seems like an easy thing to do but after playing with it for a while and reading tutorials I feel like a box of hammers. Anyone familiar with this?????

thx.

after hours of reading I figured it out.

Click ECO mode--->click icon for "change component"---->then right click part you want to change and click, "browse library".---->pick the footprint you want and then click replace.

hope this helps someone save time.

-mike

A similar problem that I have had is the following:
In PADS Logic, I change the PCB Decal of a part. Then I open the PADS Layout Link tool by clicking the "PADS Layout" button in the main toolbar. I click "ECO to PCB" and then PADS Layout has all my components, but the decal changes are not transferred.

If anyone is having this problem, the fix is as follows:
In the PADS Layout Link box, switch to the Preferences tab, and select the checkbox "Compare PCB Decal Assignments". Now go back to the Design tab and click "ECO to PCB" again. The decals should now update.

Alternatively, you may wish to change the decals in PADS Layout, not in PADS Logic. In that case, uncheck the "Compare PCB Decal Assignments". Now go back to PADS Layout, go to the Tools menu and select "ECO options". Now deselect the "Output Decal Changes" checkbox. You should now be able to edit decals in Layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back