Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Changing background colour using Inkscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

Hi,

I received a PNG file of a schematic with black background.

The schematic was obviously created using Eagle.

Green nets on a black background are extremely difficult to read.

Is there a way to change background colour to white using Inkscape?

Boncuk

Hi,

I received a PNG file of a schematic with black background.

The schematic was obviously created using Eagle.

Green nets on a black background are extremely difficult to read.

Is there a way to change background colour to white using Inkscape?

Boncuk

Morning Hans,
If it would be helpful, post the image and I will swap the colours over for you, using Paint Shop Pro.

I dont use Inkscape.

The image is PNG which is a raster format.

Inkscape is a vector editing program with limited support for raster.

You're using the wrong program, you should use Paint Shop Pro, GIMP or even MS Paint.

Yes, MS Paint can do it as long as the background colour is exactly the same, i.e. there are no pixels which are not quite black.

Open in MS Paint.

Select the entire image (Edit>select all) and copy the entire image.

Set the background colour to white and create a new file (File>new), now make sure the new image is the same size or larger than the image you've just copied. Change the background colour to black, paste the image and change the selection tool to transparent, now all the black in the image will be replaced with white.

I'll post some schreen-shots if you like.

Morning Hans,
If it would be helpful, post the image and I will swap the colours over for you, using Paint Shop Pro.

I dont use Inkscape.

Good morning as well (03:00), Eric

The project is a spotwelder published in the net.

I asked the author to publish a more distinctive schematic, but except for better focus it's still green and red on black. :)

There are two schematics belonging to the same project: Spotwelder and Currentsense.

I guess my grey cells start blacking out from time to time - as I also have problems running a simulation with LTSpice. (Are there potentiometers to find in that program?)

Converting the images I think they'll be much better readable when printed.

I appreciate your help utmost.

BTW, did you receive the PM I wrote you about a month ago? I did not receive a reply.

Kind regards

Hans

Attachments

• SPOTWELDER..png
    SPOTWELDER..png
    21.3 KB · Views: 434
  • CURRENTSENSE..jpg
    CURRENTSENSE..jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 326
Hi Hero999,

thanks a lot for your advice.

I'd better accept Eric's offer to do the job.

Reasons are posted in the reply to Eric. :)

Regards

Boncuk

hi Hans,
Hope these inverted images are helpful.

OT: I thought I had replied to your PM, I will check.:)
CURRENTSENSE...jpgSPOTWELDER...png

I still think it's a good idea for you to learn how to do this yourself. I'll post a tutorial if you like.

An easier way to do it, is you just invert the colours, Image>Invert colours, in MS Paint. This will change the lines to cyan and magenta but they can be converted to black by going to image attributes and selecting black and white which will also reduce the disk space requirements considerably. Note that MS Paint is poor at converting to monochrome, anything that's not white will be converted to black and there's no dithering.

I still think it's a good idea for you to learn how to do this yourself. I'll post a tutorial if you like.

An easier way to do it, is you just invert the colours, Image>Invert colours, in MS Paint. This will change the lines to cyan and magenta but they can be converted to black by going to image attributes and selecting black and white which will also reduce the disk space requirements considerably. Note that MS Paint is poor at converting to monochrome, anything that's not white will be converted to black and there's no dithering.

Thanks for your advice, Hero999

Right now I'm digging into PIC and ATMEL programming which keeps me more than busy.

Looking back at my flying time in Turkey a pilot dropped a 500lbs bomb in the middle of the ammo removal crew. He shook his shoulders and said: "You can't win them all."

About the same applies to me right now, and if I can get help why not accept it?

Regards

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back