Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Changes are coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
Hi Everyone,

Over the last week or so, as I'm sure you're aware there have been many discussions about moderation and the disruptions being caused by a minority within the ETO member base. Having closely followed these discussions and receiving many private messages I have a better understanding of the issues and here are some new changes that will be rolled out as a response.

NEW RULES

We have published a brand by a group of senior members). A very big thanks to those who participated. Members will need to follow these rules and moderators will enforce them as usual. These rules will be fine-tuned or revised by members when members see fit.

Please see the new rules here.

NEW MODERATION STRUCTURE

Having only a few moderators, all with Super Moderator permissions has not worked well for us. We're going to change this and instead have a more tiered approach. There will be a new group of Junior Moderators who have basic privileges (editing titles, using spam cleaner, approving moderation queue, etc), and then a only a small number of Super Moderators that can take action on the bigger things. The role of a junior moderator will not only be basic tasks but more importantly giving feedback on more serious issues that arise. Larger issues will be discussed by the entire moderation team but will be processed by Super Moderators. This will promote fair and unbiased actions based off a group decision. This also provides a training ground before anyone is promoted to a Super Moderator.

Over the next week I will be approaching people for the new roles.

Your feedback is welcome.

Regards,

EM

Last edited:
I wonder, might the new rules link be attached up by the banner or something for a month or two, just to have it in a prominent position? I think it may attract more members that way.

Silly Wabbit Trix are for Kids!

The masses don't act out and thus do not break the rules, therefore the changes will have no effect on them. The trolls are already in the loop so they have no excuse or need for further notification.

3v0

Oh, that thing. I noticed it after about 10th visit today, I guess it should be much more prominent.

Oh, that thing. I noticed it after about 10th visit today, I guess it should be much more prominent.

Would alternating blinking between red and green work for you?

I missed it too until I read your post. :oops:

For the record I saw it immediately after logging in :p

Yes that would do it, and maybe two or three times bigger.

How about one of those persistent popups that parks itself right in the middle of the screen and blocks most of your view of everything and you have click on it every 20 seconds to keep it away? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back