Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cdi mod in royal enfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20160929_215024.jpg
IMG_20160922_165339.jpg

even i felt very helpless...replaced several stators ...only once i got desired results.. but that exitor coil failed after an year;now a days the stator supplied by royal enfield is nt of optimum quality..

exitor coil is wound over a plastic bobbin which is mounted and clamped on the iron core of stator..all those parameters have been checked throughly..

one my my friend told me that i need to wind the insulated copper wire in spiral manner(no overlapping) in order to achieve desired inductance value..which i felt was tough for me..thats the reason iam going for altogether different approach of using an inverter circuit..

one my my friend told me that i need to wind the insulated copper wire in spiral manner(no overlapping) in order to achieve desired inductance value..which i felt was tough for me..thats the reason iam going for altogether different approach of using an inverter circuit..

Normal winding should be adequate.

The inverter circuit does sound good and the more I think about it the more attractive it seems.

spec

Hello friends,

I own a royal enfield 2002 model which has a cdi ignition.i am planning to perform some mods in order to facilitate the cold start.
it has an exitor coil which charges the capacitor in side cdi unit,also there is a pulser coil which precisely gives the timing pulse according to the piston position .

Now in due course of time as the exitor coil( produces around 100-150v @ 3000rpm) winding becomes weak there fore is unable to produce enough voltage to charge the capacitor as a result lots of kicking is needed to start the bike..
To get rid of this issue i have decided to put a module which simply replaces the exitor coil.The module converts 12v dc(from battery) to 90v square wave ac @ 30khz frequency,this ac output is feeded to cdi unit,what i guess is that this mod would fully charge capacitor of cdi instantly & when kick is applied the timing pulse(from the pulsar coil) would triger the discharge the capacitor through scr tothe primary winding of ignition coil & would produce better sparks & hence better ignition.

i would like to seek advice from the learned members of the group on the feasibility on this prospective mod.

Hello Sandeep, I have the same issue with the exciter coil as you mentioned. Did your problem with the CDI unit resolve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back