Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cash Register Password and user Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everybody

Anyone knows "Tangent System Accura EC-1" user name and Password for Cash Register Machine?

Thanks in Advance...

Attachments

• electronic cash register-1.jpg
    electronic cash register-1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 218
Most likely whatever the user has set. Why not search for how to bring it to default instead?

Some times there is a battery that removed for a short time will cause the machine to forget the password.
Some times there is a jumper that when removed (or added) will reset back to the default condition.

In both cases you might only get the default password back. Have you searched for the manual on line?

Some times there is a battery that removed for a short time will cause the machine to forget the password.
Some times there is a jumper that when removed (or added) will reset back to the default condition.

In both cases you might only get the default password back. Have you searched for the manual on line?

Yes... I searched many times....But not get the Manual.

There is no jumper atall..
It has a battery too. But I get the machine from dump, the battery have fully discharged. When I fix the problem, The time start with default setting.

and now time running in default setting mode.

I cant change the time, if I dont know the user name and the password.

I can upload a Photo of the PCB as early..

Please take a look..

This is the actual link for the same machine in only one link and there is no manual to download..

**broken link removed**

Thank you for your attension in my post, Mr. Ronsimpson

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer, Tangent Systems ?

JimB

If it has lost the settings due to a battery fail, it possibly has also defaulted to a factory ID number , How do you know it needs a user and password,? does it have a key switch with Z X S P positions,? Is there any indication of cashier numbers printed on the journal roll ? try 4 digits like 1234 or 9999 1111 etc. is there a sign in key ? It may need a fob to operate. post a bigger picture(s) of the actual machine.

email
**broken link removed**
Tell them you got this used from an second hand store and you need help.
Be clear you need help with manual or default password.

email
**broken link removed**
Tell them you got this used from an second hand store and you need help.
Be clear you need help with manual or default password.

I think they will not accept the request. The reason for this, They have no benefit in their business.

Anyway, I like to contact with the company, before I fail.

I think I can win if people like you are with me....

Thank you so much for your attension on this.

Its has 2 microcontroller used, Lattice GAL16V8B. But is locked. There is no jumper to set the machine default. I think is control by soft.

There will be a means of clearing memory, you just need to find it, could be a pad that needs shorting , ( post a jpg of the board ? )

Tangent will not provide codes or methods, they have a duty to other owners to protect security details.

GAL16V8B is not a microcontroller.

Thank you and I know that...

And also its have a EEPROM... SST27SF020... And I read the chip, I got a hex file..

from this hex file, is any posibilities to get the user name and password..

The password filed is 8 field...

Thank you so much

Attachments

• 1.HEX
    720.1 KB · Views: 147
I think they will not accept the request. The reason for this, They have no benefit in their business.
A company must be known to have good service. It is a benefit to have good help. Only a bad company will take your money, for a product, and then say "good luck, never see you again".

It cost you nothing to try.

manoj ... If you answer my questions I may be able to be of some help I worked with such machines for 25 years..

There will be a means of clearing memory, you just need to find it, could be a pad that needs shorting , ( post a jpg of the board ? )

Tangent will not provide codes or methods, they have a duty to other owners to protect security details.

I clear the memory by removing the 3.7 V battery, then the time reseted.

There is No Pad or like something...

And also its have a EEPROM... SST27SF020... And I read the chip, I got a hex file..

from this hex file, is any posibilities to get the user name and password..

The password filed is 8 field...

Thank you so much

The battery will just be supporting a RTCC chip ( guess ) the Flash memory you call EE possibly has the codes. there will be some method of clearing the password to a default, how else would the factory send out the boards ? . post a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back