Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't we use more than two outputs in PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was given one assignment with hints, saying that its better not to use more than two outputs at a time. otherwise it might damage the microcontroller.

i am writing program using pic 12f675

port pins... am using pic 12f675 (got only ` port)

Hi,
You dont say what you are driving with these pins.?

Look at this image, as long as you stay within the limits specified it will not damage the PIC.

Attachments

• AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 148
i am writing the code for pedestrain trafiic simulator .. need 6 outputs, sometimes 3 outputs need to be given..
Hi,
You dont say what you are driving with these pins.?

Look at this image, as long as you stay within the limits specified it will not damage the PIC.

hi
If you are driving LED's with a series limiting resistor, ensure that when driving the maximum of six LED's that the PIC's total current does not exceed 125mAmps

That means limit the TOTAL LED current plus any other output current to 125mA/6 = 20mA... I would choose 12mA to 15mA per LED

You can't use the MCLR pin as an output as it's input only. Therefore you need to use a 2 by 3 multiplexed display.

Mike.

You can't use the MCLR pin as an output as it's input only. Therefore you need to use a 2 by 3 multiplexed display.

Mike.

hi Mike,

I incorrectly assumed that the rf12F765 [20 pin SSOP] was the same pin out as the 12F765.:(

The electrical spec ratings are the same ie: total mA/ mW

E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back