Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't connect to the PK2-LITE

Status
Not open for further replies.
450uH inductor is just not enough for PK2.
It can boost the voltage to 10.2V.
for LVP where Vpp=5V; this can be used if there's no option available
But I shall be getting a 680uH from MVS Sarma.....just nice....

I experimented a lot with ART2003.

ANY PIC WITH LVP CONFIG can be programmed with it.
I tried 16F628A,18F2550,18F876A
But sometime programming fails strangly....maybe due to my poor veroboard layout.....
I do not doubt that you can program the 18F2550, but how do you change the LVP bit to off so you can actualy use the PICkit/junebug ?

I do not doubt that you can program the 18F2550, but how do you change the LVP bit to off so you can actualy use the PICkit/junebug ?

Don't you just connect it to the PICKit and program it exactly as a blank PIC?, HVP simply overrides LVP. The only concern is if the PIC is set for HVP, this means you can't change it in an LVP programmer.

You're welcome, looks fabulous. I've never socketed a DIP switch though.

I've done it many times, even using multiple sockets in order for the switch to protrude nicely through the case - by using low-profile sockets you have a fairly fine adjustment.

I'm amazed the resonator is accurate enough for USB.

Resonators are really pretty accurate, it's their long term stability that's not as good as a crystal.

Help needed!

Hi all, this is my first post. I've built a pickit 2 clone because some components disponibility in my country and i found it pretty similar to the pk2 lite (here is the schematic: :: PicKit2 Clone :: ). The clone turns on, the pc and pickit2 software detects it fine, but i get the vpp error.
I've measured the usb 5v and its 4,66v, so i also measured the current drain of the whole programmer and is 130mA aprox. I think its so much for the usb port and it drops the Vusb but i check and rechecked all and i cant find the error. Actually replaced the BC327's for BC557's and the BC337's for BC548's. Also change R3 from 10K to 1K (because i've seen it on the pk2 lite). Any help will be appreciated.

Hi all, this is my first post. I've built a pickit 2 clone because some components disponibility in my country and i found it pretty similar to the pk2 lite (here is the schematic: :: PicKit2 Clone :: ). The clone turns on, the pc and pickit2 software detects it fine, but i get the vpp error.
I've measured the usb 5v and its 4,66v, so i also measured the current drain of the whole programmer and is 130mA aprox. I think its so much for the usb port and it drops the Vusb but i check and rechecked all and i cant find the error. Actually replaced the BC327's for BC557's and the BC337's for BC548's. Also change R3 from 10K to 1K (because i've seen it on the pk2 lite). Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot for finding such a site with a good PCB layout.....I'm struglling for PK2 for 3 months.....still seeing a half success....you can see my complete story here....

I think the Vpp error is caused by a incorrect value of the 680uH indictor.
In my xperience a inductor with >500uH but <900uH inductor will work. YOu can serise a couple of inductors. ie...L=L1+L2+L3+....

If that not works....check the Voltage boosting circuit....the NPN transistor, the signal diode and the capacitor...

keep us knowing and upload some photos

Yeah!!!!!!!!!My PICKit2 works and detects everything.......
THough the busy LED is not working and the reset switch is not functioning properly....
But I'm happy with ya...

THough the busy LED is not working and the reset switch is not functioning properly....
But I'm happy with ya...

Just to clarify, that means you have successfully programmed PICs with it. If the answer is yes, then congratulations. I didn't think it was possible.

But I'm happy with ya...
Finally which inductor value did you use? Instead of this much retrials, why not go for complete PICKIT2 at Rs3000/- from silicon components

Thanks a lot for finding such a site with a good PCB layout.....I'm struglling for PK2 for 3 months.....still seeing a half success....you can see my complete story here....

In my xperience a inductor with >500uH but <900uH inductor will work. YOu can serise a couple of inductors. ie...L=L1+L2+L3+....

If that not works....check the Voltage boosting circuit....the NPN transistor, the signal diode and the capacitor...

I think the problem isn't in the inductor, i've seen several programmers made with the same inductor in the web and working. It seems to be something related with the current, it's 130mA and drop the Vusb 5v but i cant figure what it is.

file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/IMG00721%20(1).jpg

file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/IMG00723.jpg

blueroomelectronics

Activity: High

The PK2 has no reset button, it does have a bootloader / function button.

Today, 06:23 PM (permalink (permalink))
skyhawk

Quote:Yeah!!!!!!!!!My PICKit2 works and detects everything.......
But I'm happy with ya...

Just to clarify, that means you have successfully programmed PICs with it. If the answer is yes, then congratulations. I didn't think it was possible.

Today, 07:50 PM (permalink (permalink))
mvs sarma

Quote:Originally Posted by theo92
But I'm happy with ya...

Finally which inductor value did you use? Instead of this much retrials, why not go for complete PICKIT2 at Rs3000/- from silicon components

Today, 09:05 PM (permalink (permalink))
mocsera

Activity: Low
Quote:Originally Posted by theo92

I think the problem isn't in the inductor, i've seen several programmers made with the same inductor in the web and working. It seems to be something related with the current, it's 130mA and drop the Vusb 5v but i cant figure what it is.

file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/IMG00721%20(1).jpg

file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/IMG00723.jpg

Now let me tell the tale...

MVS, Finally, I'm using your red inductor.....and it just works perfectly..
You know it's value....but i guess it'd be ~680uH

I've programmed a 16LF84A and built a simple LED chaser out of it and works really good....it's a lot simplier than the chaser circuit which I built with a NE555 and a Cd4017 two years ago... So no doubt about my poor PK2..

I'll advise mocsera to recheck the capacitor on the VUSB pin 14 of 18F2550

And MVS, I wanna know 'bout silicon components..
I don't need a orginal PICKit2 as I'm not a professional PIC engineer..i'm a science student and PIC is my hobby.........But can you tell me about silicon components....i remember you PMed me that....I wanna ask you does the Si components ship via courier in india? where to get their sttocklist and pricelist? does they accept cheque/DD/moneyorder?

here is some poor night shot ,cause I'm running out of battery:eek: of my digital camera and shooted these with my DV camera......:)

**broken link removed**
Flickr: theo92's Photostream
**broken link removed**

Now let me tell the tale...

MVS, Finally, I'm using your red inductor.....and it just works perfectly..
You know it's value....but i guess it'd be ~680uH................

And MVS, I wanna know 'bout silicon components..
I don't need a orginal PICKit2 as I'm not a professional PIC engineer..i'm a science student and PIC is my hobby.........But can you tell me about silicon components....i remember you PMed me that....I wanna ask you does the Si components ship via courier in india? where to get their sttocklist and pricelist? does they accept cheque/DD/moneyorder?
yes it is 680uH and made for you by a friend of Mine Mr Phanikumar of Vijayawada.
please see the site and talk to them. They are the distributors for Microchip and sell in Rupee payment. it is silicon components

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back