Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you Help me with this Repair ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those chargers are extremely basic- they don't even monitor battery temperature during charging. That's one feature that separates them from the DeWalt, Makita, Milwaukee high quality brands, amongst other features. I doubt the battery pack even employs any temperature or current sensing circuitry. Most of those hardware store off-brands use low capacity cells in the battery packs along with a cheapo charger that easily overcharges them further limiting their number of recharge cycles. Anyway, I don't like the looks of that one solder pad on the circuit board. When it comes to low quality designs it's important to make sure the solder connections are solid and of proper appearance. You may want to recheck each solder pad for a quality, shiny connection, without bubbles, holes, or deteriorated appearances.

Attachments

• PCB.JPG
    PCB.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 304
good points about the poor quality, etc..

Is there any kind of charger that I could buy or modify that would allow me to charge these batteries?

I'd rather not throw out the two drills and three batteries when they work just fine.

Seems if I go get another charger I am just gambling again... would like to find a better solution for the issue at hand.....

Any thoughts or suggestions???

Do they work in similar chargers made by better known companies like DeWalt, Skil, Makita, etc?

I'm actually working on a bid now on ebay for an 18v Dewalt charger that has all the bells and whistles.

once I get that perhaps I can try them out and see if it will fit the bill.

Here is my solution.... I think it is working... only time will tell.....

I married the crappy PowerGlide Drill Charger body on top of a Dewalt charger.

DEWALT 7.2V - 18V CHARGER DW9116

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back