Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can WE "The Electro-tech-online" make a compation

YOu are agree to make a competition on this forum

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't now

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Nobody is going to want to spend money on something that they dont even know the person! It is just too much management.

blueroomelectronics said:
That's what the forums do, they tend to help troubleshoot problems. Post a problem and as long as it's not too vague or silly more often than not get a reply.
Man .............Finlay the forum help to solve the problems
I think this what we need - the forum to sole it-
may be we dont have the layout or the schematic but i think that we have much more ...........our minds
Man we are Eng. and solving the problems is our happy .

Krumlink said:
No.

Nobody is going to want to spend money on something that they dont even know the person! It is just too much management.
I think its not a person its a forum
lets contact the moderators and told him to make an local Poll in the fist page ......lest us see dont lock the door

Rami00972 said:
Man .............Finlay the forum help to solve the problems
I think this what we need - the forum to sole it-
may be we dont have the layout or the schematic but i think that we have much more ...........our minds
Man we are Eng. and solving the problems is our happy .

OK I'm going to need my secret decoder ring for that one.
**broken link removed**

your man is looking :D

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    38.6 KB · Views: 158
blueroomelectronics said:
How does a contest solve problems?

Hi Bill,

a contest is not meant to solve problems.

I'd think of one in the first line to have the community getting closer (mutual appreciation), fun and new ideas to discuss.

An inflatable toothbrush would certainly take care of lots of fun. There is a practical ascpect to it too. You can use it as well for yourself as for your elephant. No elephant? Try it on your crocodile!

You are one of those who I would ask for a price to put into the game, free of course!

Greetings

Hans

My daughter called Technical Support for her high speed internet over Bell Telephone lines. Their technical support is in a foreign country on the other side of the world where they "no speeky zee English".

So they said they will send a technician. He is from Russia and he "no speeky zee English". He did not solve the problem.

My high speed internet is from my cable TV company. They call me!
"We are sending a technician." I ask why. They say that they detect something wrong. I say everything works perfectly. They say the technician will be here tomorrow morning. Everybody speaks perfect English. They replaced my cable that worked perfectly before it completely failed.

3v0 said:
I think you intended to say prizes. :)

Fair Judging is the problem. Without some easily measurable criteria like the fastest widget or the smallest PCB, judging becomes subjective and that can be unfair. If it is not fair you will generate conflict. We do not need that. More harm then good sort of thing.

Members have a wide range of skill levels. Is a level paying field desired. If so how, will it be achieved?

For the rest start a thread. Have contestants state their intention to enter in the thread. Any info needed by contestants can be posted, as can contestant questions.

Money makes it interesting but I would suggest running the first contest or two without monetary prizes. Less ugly if things go wrong.

Hi 3v0,

here are some points of your post which I try to handle one by one:

Judging: The participants will put in their suggested project without any schematic or PCB layout. (Just a describtion of the purpose of the circuit) Members of the community will judge the project according to the following criteria: (double voting impossible due to control)

- fairly new design
- the idea and consequently
- practical use or fun effects
- energy consumption considerations (must be readable from the describtion)
- complexity of the design (a good community also takes care of newcomers to make them electronic freaks)

Unneccessary to say that all members will judge. There is just a handful of members posting regularily and I guess if 1.000 of all members vote for the project with 70% who give a "GO" it will be a "GO"

No limitation on the number of projects to be suggested.

After the "GO" the contestants will put in their design which will be evaluated by a jury consisting of the moderators, and if possible, third persons, either authors or engineers on a free basis.

Since the preselection was already done by the forum members it shoud be easy for the jury to do the rest. Here the following criteria will apply:

- clearness of the schematic
- dimensioning of components (the moderators will have to dig out their math)
- PCB-design (waste of PCB space will reduce points)

Each project will start out at 100 points which will be reduced by mistakes, e.g. resistors have to be marked the same way, name on top or left and value at the buttom or right side. One out of order markings will reduce points.

Projects having the same number of points will either be re-evaluated or the price will be given lottery-like.

These are just a few suggestions. Of course I want the moderators to run around and look for prices. :D It is so easy and done with a finger snip. E.g. Texas Instruments puts out several evaluation boards including a CD, free. To get one of those it really doesn't take more than a finger snip. :)

Everybody is asked to put in his share of suggestions to get a super duper contest running here in this fantastic community.

Regards

Hans

Hans,
A contest would be fun if well run. I have no problem with people doing so. I can not see a way to be sure it is fair and does upset people due to what they see as unfairness.

The people who would most benefit from competing are people new to the hobby, and their chance of success in an unregulated field are next to nill.

I do not want to argue or debate this. If you are going to do it, do the best you can and keep fairness in mind.

3v0 said:
If you are going to do it, do the best you can and keep fairness in mind.

Hi 3v0,

I don't see any problem concerning fairness. Electronics is a field - other than sport competitions, where doping plays the major role - which is controllable. (There isn't brain doping yet. :) )

We all can make the rules and it's just up to us what we make of the competition. I wouldn't hesitate too long. As a grand dad you might not be interested in any competition anymore.

I always considered myself fair. I let the enemy always have the first shot before I killed him. :D

Hans

audioguru said:
My daughter called Technical Support for her high speed internet over Bell Telephone lines. Their technical support is in a foreign country on the other side of the world where they "no speeky zee English".

So they said they will send a technician. He is from Russia and he "no speeky zee English". He did not solve the problem.

My high speed internet is from my cable TV company. They call me!
"We are sending a technician." I ask why. They say that they detect something wrong. I say everything works perfectly. They say the technician will be here tomorrow morning. Everybody speaks perfect English. They replaced my cable that worked perfectly before it completely failed.

you mean that the Judging should see the Project......!!!
if am i right i think that we can make some think LIVE like live conversation or if the project is small "we can make a rule for it" he can send it to one of the Judges .....the shipping cost will be on the sender.

Nobody Is Going To Want To Pay For Something When They Have Not Even Met The Person Why Do You Not Get That!!!

Krumlink said:
Nobody Is Going To Want To Pay For Something When They Have Not Even Met The Person Why Do You Not Get That!!!
ًwhy you are PESSIMISTIC man
i think you can deal on eBay without saying any thing about the seller coz you need the item and his feedback also 100%
lets try it

So being realistic is pesimistic?

Ok FINE send me 20$

ElectroMaster said:
Just got notified about this post. I think its a great idea.

There would be no need to have an entry fee, I would put up the money or some prizes like muilti meters, soldering irons etc..

Has anyone got an idea for the first comp? Is anyone interested in running one?
I think the moderators can help us in making an advertise on the man page to discuss this idea with maximum members include"for sure" the other moderators.
and i think some one should help me in this coz my English is a slight oky "not so good"

Maybe I'll participate if the prize is something worth winning like a decent digital scope.

I like the idea. I would like to enter, as well. Maybe a project to see who can build the geekiest project?

Yeah, i know that is quite a broad contest, but, as another member already stated, each one of us have different abilities.

Just an idea. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back