Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can someone tell me if this Robot is real or a Mannequin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I was being factitious! I can't belive how much action this thread is getting.

I did not have lunch with the creator. I do not believe that this thing is real. AND , I can't believe that people would ever give more than a milisecond consideration to this ridiculous BS.

I thought well... given how inane this thread is, Ithought I might as well try to push it over the top. Hoping it might help point out how utterly point less this conversation is!

(just a point of clarification) :shock: :D :D

Re: I've done some research on this one...

elliottearls said:
As unlikely as this seems. This one's For real! After stumbling upon the site I contacted the engineer/inventor. I was extremely skeptical, but intrigued.

I've had dinner with the guy. After dinner and a fairly lengthy onversation about the underlying architecture, he showed me the bot IN PERSON.

It's amazing and legit!

I don't know about the rest of you, but this doesn't seem very "factitious" to me. :( Listen, elliottearls, if you feel this thread is stupid, then just stay out of it. But don't try to break it up and ruin the fun of trying to pick at things and point them out to eachother to try to find out if it's real or not for the rest of us. And also, don't get so worked up, it's not good for your health. You don't even know any of us. :wink:

Rain

Maybe if they gave 'Valerie' a blonde wig then she might seem more real

elliottearls said:
I did not have lunch with the creator.

Sure you did not have lunch with him/her.
U had dinner. forgot ?
See below ...

elliottearls said:
I've had dinner with the guy. After dinner and a fairly lengthy onversation about the underlying architecture, he showed me the bot IN PERSON.

So you had dinner with him ("him", as u said he was a guy, unlucky you:-( ). By the way what did you have with Valerie ?

Hey, everyone remember this thread? Remember what I said? It's the first of December. Has anyone heard anything about Valerie? No? No TV ads? No popular mechanics? No news at all???.................... That's what I thought. :lol: But still, it's a fun thing to think about right? :) Maybe someday, before our sun goes nova, we'll see something like Valerie.

Rain

I'd be willing to believe it's a project platform that someone's experimenting with. I'm sure it could have interesting bits and do some fun tricks.

I'd be shocked if it could take a step forward on its own or see an object and pick it up, much less live up to its promises of AI capable of doing household tasks. That's just not a reasonable expectation given how far into state-of-the-art the simplest things like this are.

I find it hard to believe that someone so deeply into high tech who can beat out the greatest robotics designers in the world hands-down has such a crappy web page... does that make me jaded?

I find it hard to believe that someone so deeply into high tech who can beat out the greatest robotics designers in the world hands-down has such a crappy web page... does that make me jaded?

Heh heh. Well, if so, you wouldn't be the only one. :lol:

Electric Rain makes an excellent point here. If this android were capable of perfoming half the functions the site claims, it would be the biggest news story since the transistor! I work close to the Dallas/FW/Denton area and I've heard nothing about this in the local news...not even the technology clubs. I've little doubt this is maybe a work in progress...but a fully-functional machine?!!? :roll:

He saw her as if it were yesterday
She rolled her eye at him across the room ,
being a gent he picked it up
an' rolled it back to her

out with her other glass eye,
her false teeth on the sly,
her wig she hung to dry upon the chandelier

He smiled
How seet you look my dear

tansis said:
He saw her as if it were yesterday
She rolled her eye at him across the room ,
being a gent he picked it up
an' rolled it back to her

out with her other glass eye,
her false teeth on the sly,
her wig she hung to dry upon the chandelier

He smiled
How seet you look my dear

Bwahahahaha!!! :lol:

:lol: well now that that's settled ,cast your opinions upon this beauty
**broken link removed**
"Vehicle to autonomous biped robot conversion for the Mini Cooper r50"

To Satellite69... Would it be possible to find out when Asimo is coming to the UK??? That robot rocks :D

Tick-Tock Tick-Tock. Time's running out. It's only 9 days 'till Christmas, lots of people already have their shopping done! It better start showing up within a few hours or it won't be out in time for Christmas!! :lol:

Car ad movie

Try this ...

**broken link removed**

... and these ARE real and for sale :!:

God help you if it did this in a traffic jam though :wink:

Re: Car ad movie

mechie said:
Try this ...

**broken link removed**

... and these ARE real and for sale :!:

God help you if it did this in a traffic jam though :wink:

Bahahahaha!!! :lol: Why can't WE have cool commercials like that!? :lol:

January 16th... hmm... I think everyone has probably gotten their late Christmas gifts by now... yeah. So, who got a Valerie for Christmas? :p I didn't. What about you elliottearls? Did the creator give you a discount on one for having dinner (er... lunch or whatever you meant) with him/her? :lol: :p

Here's something else to stray to on the thread though. Has anyone thought about building something like Valerie? Has anyone already started or completed it? I mean, something that can do the things Valerie can do simply can't be created yet, but I'm just talking about a bot that can do ONE of the things she can do.

IMO, I think that even those automatic vacuum cleaners that map out your room are a start. (I've seen things like that for lawnmowers too.) But the one's that just turn around when the bump into something is just cheap. :p The whole thing's just a way for us Americans to get even fatter and lazier. Alright! Technology all the way! :lol: :lol: :lol: (Actually, I'm a thin man myself. :D )

I think it'd be funner to use remotes for lawnmowers and vacuum cleaners though, you could mount a camera on it to, it would be just like a video game! :lol: Then you could mount a gun on it, chase people with it and call it Grand Theft Auto. Just picture that! :lol: "HELP! I'M BEING CHASED BY AN UNMANNED LAWNMOWER WITH A GUN ON IT!!!!!" Oh, that's not good... I'm getting so much of a kick out of talking about it I almost want to try it! :p Well, that's enough of me for now... see you all later. :)

Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back