Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can i make a 8 amp h-Bridge from L298

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rami00972

we are working with l298 as 2 channel parallel make togother to get 4 amp
can we put two l 298 as 4 channel to get 8 amp
i attached the schematic for it <
if not is there away to get 8 amp or more h- bridge

Attachments

• Quad_chanel.JPG
    Quad_chanel.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 4,257
Parts of one L298 are made on the same chip so they share current pretty well when they are paralleled.
But different L298 ICs have different saturation voltages so they do not share current well.

Use one L298 with its 4 sections in parallel for sourcing 8A and use another to sink 8A.

i understand this section

Parts of one L298 are made on the same chip so they share current pretty well when they are paralleled.
But different L298 ICs have different saturation voltages so they do not share current well.

put i didnot undestand this one

Use one L298 with its 4 sections in parallel for sourcing 8A and use another to sink 8A.

the l298 have 2 channel if i used them in parallel they will give 4 amp for continues "for max" so what you mean about 4 section & to use another to sink 8A

if i used just the output from tow l298 and used them in parallel ............. i mean to connect 13 in the 1st l 289 with the 13 of the 2nd and 14 in th 1st to 14 in the 2nd l289
:):)

I am sorry, I was wrong and you are correct. the L298 has only two channels, not four.

Since both channels are on the same chip then they share current pretty well and can be paralleld for a total continuous output current of 4A.

But different chips do not share the current equally so you will not have a total output of 8A if another L298 is connected inn parallel.

If you have many L298 ICs then you can connect them in parallel and select two that heat the same when the load current is pretty high. You might burn out the weak ones.

mhh.. is it possible to keep enabling one of the L298, while disabling the other, then inversing (the one which was at rest get enabled, and the other one cools down) .. would that make it possible to use "in average" 8 Amps..?

I suggest this because i know rami is gonna use a micro controller anyway.. so this wont be a problem.

by the way rami, are you in Egypt yet? :)

mhh.. is it possible to keep enabling one of the L298, while disabling the other, then inversing (the one which was at rest get enabled, and the other one cools down) .. would that make it possible to use "in average" 8 Amps..?

I suggest this because i know rami is gonna use a micro controller anyway.. so this wont be a problem.

by the way rami, are you in Egypt yet? :)

no im not im still in pal and i have some problems with motor control i have my last chance to use your h-bridge circuit for 5 amp and if not so i will use relays
ah also your idea for tow h-bridge ..............i think it will work let me see my chance
slam for now

hi there!

I was wondering if anyone think if it is possible to connect external MOSFETs to an h-bridge IC such as L6202 or L293. What I meant to do is use all those nice features provided in the IC but since the ampere is too low for my need I would like to mirror whats going inside the chip and amplify the current then connect it to my motor.

Thank you jrz126. I am also aware that it won't do much. it was just for the sake of an idea i had. if there is anyway for it to work it would be great. I was originally thinking of making a simple circuit around it you know like , converting the current source to a voltage or current mirroring or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back