Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CAD newb

Status
Not open for further replies.
just seen your post pommie, have been paying attention ERC and DRC, which currently give me no error, except for missing values for R and C's. earlier i was getting a error on widths (the arrow pointed to spots on the number graphics of where i had my measurements, ) but this went away somehow,.

the gerber includes the
cmp,sol component/solder
sts, stc stop layers
pls, plc silk layers
ncd drill & holes layers

is there any other layers i should think about?

looks ok to me ima try to compile and submit it tonight!

I just ordered some boards from https://dirtypcbs.com/ and they just take the eagle board file and send back PCBs. Much easier than sorting out gerber files.

BTW, first time with this company. Will let you know if any problems.

Mike.

Hi DrD

I've created some image plots of the gerber files in your zip file. These were done with a tool I use to check gerber data (DFMNow) before sending to a Fab house.
You might want to review these before submitting. I wasn't sure what some of the files represented. Some fab houses require the files be named a certain way.
Anyway, I think you should recheck the drill file.

eT

Attachments

• GerberPlots.zip
    44.5 KB · Views: 245
eTech,
Do you want the dimension markings on the sol layer?
upload_2014-12-7_19-46-7.png

i think im finally getting these layer things, good thing that error will fall out of board space...

my ncd is different , as per youtube tutorial, i encode ncd as excellon, and rest as gerbert_rs247x......i doubled chked with gerberlogix looks ok from here, ima contact board house quik

Attachments

• drill.jpg
    drill.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 275
Hi

eTech,
Do you want the dimension markings on the sol layer?
View attachment 89631

:wideyed: You'll have to ask DrD that question. If it were me...of course not.

My guess is that information is in the gerber data. Why its there?...heck if I know. That's why I suggested reviewing the files.
But I'm also not familiar with the file naming convention used either so I'm not sure what each file is supposed to contain.
I also noticed the drill file (I think that's what it is) content looked a little strange.

eT

very nice, i just got my order in now, finally!, i notice that line down the middle of your board, are you going to cut it later on? does this save money? and what board layer is that on.?
hmm. , maybe now with these nice clean pcb's, i can switch to smt components? is it much harder to solder?

in the meantime i have been working on these cad models, and finally got a sales quote by a Co in my local city, it took these a couple tries as well to export. for all three parts its going to cost 450$ does that sound right? my model is only like 10 x 12 cm, and hollow.

this is also the one i posted earlier:

Attachments

• snag1.png
    snag1.png
    608.6 KB · Views: 254
  • snag2.png
    snag2.png
    634 KB · Views: 258
very nice, i just got my order in now, finally!, i notice that line down the middle of your board, are you going to cut it later on? does this save money? and what board layer is that on.?

The picture above is two boards side by side to show the front and back layers.

I assume the cad quote is for 3D printing. $450 sounds expensive but I've nothing to compare it with.

Mike.

pfft., 450 wat a rip , i found a local library that does 10cm^3 prints for free,, at 450 i can practically buy my own printer....or build !

however circuits turned out good aswell!> and for some reason marks didnt show on solder layer ( i never changed it)

30$ for print, and 30 for delivery at PCB way, :) so cool

Attachments

• 20141219_174933.jpg
    20141219_174933.jpg
    854.7 KB · Views: 255
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back