Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cable TV channels booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackdaniel

heya..

How could i boost some cable TV channels? Is there any circuit that u can give me? ..pls help as i am having trouble with these weak and unclear channels..

Any number of manufacturers make booster amplifiers that plug in-line with the wire cable. Make sure you get one appropriate for your cable frequencies.

If you are not getting a clear picture from original cable (without splitters) then a line amp will not likely improve things.

If you have split the signal many ways then an amp may help. You need an amp with enough dynamic range to avoid intermod interference created in amp.

You must be able to receive the channels at the point of entry to the premises, otherwise your amplifying noise. If a cable modem is involved more things have to be taken into account.

What does your distribution look like from the cable demarkation to where you could amplify, splitters/taps, wire length and the type of wire (RG59 or RG6)?

Can you put the cable modem shortly after the point of entry if you have one?

Go to the demark point with your TV and see if the channels are good?

Report back

BTW: Im amplifying about 10 TVs from a rooftop antenna and I use taps, not splitters. One of my runs has to be changed from twinlead to coax. In another case, the blank plate and holes in the studs are in place because of painting. Just have to run wire.

Last edited:
Checking your cables is important. Make sure it's shielded and that the contacts are clean. Also make sure the contacts on your cable box and tv are clean, as well. If that doesn't work, then you should go on to try what was already suggested.
Der Strom

Usually if you're having trouble with the cable you call the cable company.. If you have signal quality issues they have to fix it.

I agree with Sceadwian. If your source of the channels is an antenna, a amplifier is not going to do any good, as it doesn't matter how good of an amplifier you have, it will still only amplify the noise. A larger antenna or another one in the direction of the weak signals is necessary.

Please all posters, read the original post again.. CABLE TV, no mention of an antenna at all.

My city is re-paving and doing other things to my street. The cable TV wires were all cut so the cable company installed temporary cables. Now I am sharing a cable with my neighbour and it made my analog TV very fuzzy so I asked the cable TV company for a digital converter then asked for a PVR digital recorder instead and they gave it to me for free for one year. It is extremely clear.

hi i got this schema from net, says it can boost UHF channels from cable! **broken link removed**.. And the cable guys here are pretty retarded! They don't want fix the cable but want money in every money

Last edited:
Sounds like a man I know who has a high gain antenna and boost amplifier pointing up at the top of the pole where cable comes from.

i used to steal cable channels using an antenna and a booster! I want also make such a powerful booster myself.. Any yelp?

You are Banned, You should not talk about illegal activities in any forum. None of us here condone stealing.
hi i got this schema from net, says it can boost UHF channels from cable!
That is a preamp or booster for an ant on a mast. Not what you want.
is on 422.mhz but i get the channel in very weak strength! And channels on 80~300 mhz ranger are very clear!
That may be a problum, if you us a wide band amplifier to boost all the channels that the strong ones may become to strong!
You may need a narrow band amp to boost the target frequencies only.
But before you go that far you may what to find out why that channel is not coming in good. It may be your converter box, or maybe the TV. Have you asked any of your neighbors on the same system if thay can get that channel OK?

What's all this talk about antennas and masts? The OP is asking about cable TV channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back