Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

c++ hidden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
danielsmusic said:
im on xp pro, what demo program?

Create a new console app project, paste the code in and compile. There's your demo. ;)

Note that it doesn't work when launched from Visual Studio's IDE. You need to launch (double-click or run from the command line) the .exe yourself. When launched from the IDE, the title bar text is enclosed in double quotes...

thanks,
i needed to shutdown my computer from another room so i will create a program that will read commands from a file and the other program will write to that file remotely.

i have ideas for it. :D

danielsmusic said:
do you know how i can get the shutdown -s -f -m \\dan
working. all computers have pro on it just says, i don't have the right permision. i have looked up to 15 pages on google and i could not find anything that worked
The obvious question to this problem is, are you using the same username/password combination on both computers? If you're logged on to PC1 as "bob" and try to shutdown PC2 remotely, PC2 needs a user account "bob" with the same password as "bob" on PC1. "bob" would also need the correct permissions to do this.

yea :evil: , why don't microsoft make anything simple? i get that same answer when i google around. thanks for the post though :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back