Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building an ULTRA sensitive PC MIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello audioguru,
i tried doing your preamp but i was only able to find TL072 instead of TL071, would there be changes in the schematic? on the ouput, if i use common headphones, would i be able to hear it already? or do i still need another amplifier to hear it? help please oh great one! ^_^

The TL072 is the dual opamp version of the TL071 (last digit represents the number of opamps in the chip) so it'll work fine, providing you check the datasheet for the correct pinout, as dual operational amplifiers are different from the singles. As far as I'm aware, tahts the only change, although I haven't checked the schematic.

Like most opamps, the TL071 is overloaded when it tries to drive 1k ohms or less. Most modern headphones are only 32 ohms so you need power amplifiers to drive them. The TL071 preamp can drive a power amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back