1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

Browser Wars!!!!

Discussion in 'Computers and Networks' started by ElectroMaster, Jan 22, 2012.

?

What do you use as your main browser?

1. Internet Explorer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. FireFox

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Chrome

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Opera

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Safari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Konqueror

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Electroenthusiast

Electroenthusiast Member

Who is that One person who is still using IE?

Oh Got it.
    Firefox can import all your data from IE. It isn't difficult to changeover.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  2. mvs sarma

mvs sarma Well-Known Member

IE supports without any manupulation , many languages across the world. For example there is one language "TELUGU" from southern part of india. we have a local news paper on www.eenadu.net
    if we try thro firefox, normally, we can see some gibberish only. but see the same in IE, the script is sown properly well. perhaps, that original script might itself look like gibberish to unacquainted people. that way IE helps many languages.

PS: Now the FF has enabled the TELUGU script. there are many languages supported by IE. whether all those are also supported by FF is to be seen.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  3. jpanhalt

jpanhalt Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

I use Chrome, and the script looks fine to me, not gibberish. Although, I cannot read it.

John

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. panic mode

panic mode Well-Known Member

I've used many browsers over the years (more than I can remember).

Currently i have three installed. One i use most of the time is still Chrome. yes it's clunky, buggy and does not work with some sites, but it is fast and i am a speed demon. one that is slightly slower but very reliable and works on everything is FireFox. IE is still on my machine because I don't find time to remove it. It is one of the useless things I like to get rid of, like MS Messenger.

MS and browser war nearly killed Mozilla but I am still thankful to MS because this is what created better browsers and - made them free of charge. How many of you remember walking into a computer store, picking browser from the software shelf and paying for it?

6. jpanhalt

jpanhalt Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

I also have all three installed. IE is not totally useless. I have found several manufacturers whose on-line parts catalogs only work with IE, not with FF or Chrome.

John