Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Brother sewing machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Does anyone know anything about sewing machines?, my wife's Brother S-2125 has died, completely dead, no light or anything.

I haven't even checked the fuse in the plug yet, but I was wondering if anyone knows how they 'work' - the mains lead goes to the foot switch, which has a three pin lead in to the machine - is it just a simple triac speed controller?. Presumably feeding neutral, live (for the bulb), and the third pin variable power for the motor?.

Just thought I'd ask, in case anyone has already 'been there' :D

Sewing machines motors and controllers cover the gamut from Universal motor and variable resistor peddle, to DC motor with either SCR or PWM drive, and 3ph motor with VFD type.
A little digging and 'reverse Engineering may be needed.;)
Or post a Model No.
Max.

Need to clean my specs again:sorry:
**broken link removed**
The parts list shows 120v 60Hz motor so most likely a Universal motor, if so, there should be minimum electronics, if any.
Max.

It wasn't as 'hard' as that :D

Took my meter and screwdrivers downstairs, all that was wrong was the plug fuse had blown, because the bulb had gone.

Stuck a fuse in, and it works OK again - just got to get a bulb today for it.

Hi Nigel,
Sounds like you really 'stitched' yourself up on this 'thread', please don't get the 'needle'.:woot:

All puns intended.:D

Eric

Hi Nigel,
Sounds like you really 'stitched' yourself up on this 'thread', please don't get the 'needle'.:woot:

All puns intended.:D

It was easier to ask first rather than walk down two flights of stairs with my meter :D

Someone might have said "that's a common problem and it needs 'x'" - and I could have taken 'x' down as well, it potentially saves trips up and down stairs.

Someone might have said "that's a common problem and it needs 'x'" - and I could have taken 'x' down as well, it potentially saves trips up and down stairs.
Yes!! It's a very common problem.. I suffer from it as well... Its called lazyitis...

They wrote a song about it in 'The Sound of Music' musical .. .. ..

Idleswine, Idleswine, every morning I meet you .. :)

Works every time ... ... one of my jokes and all the Mods make for the door !!

S :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back