Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Broken component on my Radeon 9800 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I´ve found a way!

My cousin is studying at Northwerstern University, so I edited my profile to his address, where Farichild can ship the samples...

I´ve requested 2 pieces of the FDS6912A...

As soon as I receive the damn parts, I´ll drop my Radeon and the IC at a local electronic repair shop for soldering the good IC.

My abilities in soldering doesn´t include SMD components...

I´ve ruined a friend´s XBOX when trying to solder a wire to the damn D0... hehehe

Thanks everybody for the helping tips!

Wow. It's great that you guys are able to do the repair for not much $! But it's frightening how easy it seems to break off by accident. I have installed the same card in a friend's computer a few months back, and this could have easily happened to me... :?

Hi :) I have the same problem :) I have Hercules Radeon 9800 PRO and my FDS6912 ends its life :) Im from POLAND and i wanna to buy this chip but any shop from poland dont have this chip... As someone said its alternative .... IRF7313. Only one shop in Poland has it. Its good choose to buy this? Sorry for my english... :)

I didn't know cooling the adhesive would make it more brittle, which should've been obvious.

Thanks for the tip!

*stalks over to his burned out Radeon 7000, which stopped working after about 4 months for no apparent reason*

hey guys i cant believe that i found this page, the exact same thing has happened to me with my radeon 9800 pro 128 mb card.

Does anyone have any spare replacement parts available, i am willing to pay for the item + postatge etc

or who i can contact to get a replacement part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back