Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

breakthrough or scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, you are right. but then, that's an odd place for that discussion - I never read that section.

and by the way, this is starting to look like a real advance in "battery" technology to use the term loosely. If it is a marketing triumph, they took in some pretty smart VCs (Kleiner Perkins) and solid techies. Not that it hasn't been done before...

I remain a skeptic until proven otherwise but it doesn't smell like a scam at this point. Only products out the door will shut up the doubters. I for one will not bemoan the passing of Li-Ion technology to the dustbins of history.

The ZENN car looks like a little golf cart. A twisted rubber band will power it just as well as the newfangled batt/cap and a wimpy electric motor.

I thought the hybrid cars use a Ni-MH battery, not Lithium-Ion.

Complete scam. I was the first reply to the thread in ****-chat I think, and it wasn't nice =)

several electric cars use Li-Ion tech. the power to weight ratio makes it attractive.

The difference of this one from others is that they describe the actual device and are in the process of building proto units. They don't seem to use the language of the typical scammer.

If its a complete scam, it's amazingly good. what do you base your opinion on? Specific science or is this just the negative attitude you exhibited with the Wii?

Even though this is probably rubbish you don't need as much power with an electric motor because the torque is available lower down the speed range. The only real disadvantage is the top speed isn't as high as a petrol/diesel engine but it doesn't matter (in my opinion) providing it's above 85mph which is way above the maximum speed limit in most countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back