Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bread boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some boards have special setups, so you will need to look at each boards documentation or specs if they have it. In general though they will work like this:
( i will note each hole with a capitol letter, similar letters mean there is a connection(i.e. shorted out))
Code:
G  AAAAA     BBBBB  H
G  CCCCC     DDDDD  H
G  EEEEE     FFFFF  H
G  IIIII     JJJJJ  H
G  KKKKK     LLLLL  H
see the pattern? You have coloums that will be connected together, then series' of rows that are seperated, but have a connection on the five adjacent holes.

This allows you to do things like put a "chip" (IC) starting at "A" for where pin 1 is,...to row "I" for pin 4 ( like a 555 timer).

You can then put your negative supply to the coloum "G" and add a jumper wire from somewhere on coloum "G" to any one of the "I" holes. Then positive to the "H" coloum, then jumper to any one of the "B" holes. (this puts power and ground to a 555 IC if you didn't know :)

You then add connection like that. One "leg" of a part to a row. You will probably need to use wire to connect parts. Go from one hole in the same row as the IC pin to your part, simply because of limited space around your IC.

I hope that is somewhat clear.

Thats a good tutorial ElectorMaster,...

Did that help buddyboy, or did you have more questions?

thanks. it was really helpful, just got myself a breadboard, but have not started using it. i will be glad if you could come up with a simple circuit that can be design using breadboard.

Here's a site with Tons of schematics.

How you use your breadboard to construct the circuits is up to you.

Hint: you'll make LOTS of mistakes BUT you will learn a great deal.

You realize this thread is ten years old, right? :D

DerStrom said:
You realize this thread is ten years old, right?

Abels (the resurection man) said:
thanks. it was really helpful, just got myself a breadboard, but have not started using it. i will be glad if you could come up with a simple circuit that can be design using breadboard.

So, what has happened is that Abels has searched and found old information which has helped him, for which he has said thank you, and then asked for a bit more information which CowboyBob seems to have supplied.
Success all round if you ask me!:)

Now, if Abels had been enthusiastically trying to answer the 10 year old question...
... well, that would have been a different matter altogether:mad:

JimB

So, what has happened is that Abels has searched and found old information which has helped him, for which he has said thank you, and then asked for a bit more information which CowboyBob seems to have supplied.
Success all round if you ask me!:)

Now, if Abels had been enthusiastically trying to answer the 10 year old question...
... well, that would have been a different matter altogether:mad:

JimB

Oops, you're absolutely right! :p:D

I just saw posts on a ten-year-old thread. Should have read them more carefully :rolleyes:

abels should go onto the www.fritzing.org site. It seems that they only use breadboard to do their stuff! Abels has to realize that RF and high-speed logic are not suitable for the breadboard. E

There are all sorts of good breadboard tutorials out there. A single google search could keep you occupied for hours. It's definitely a good place to start.

By the way, moderators, good catch on the spammer. Is it my imagination or have they been showing up more and more frequently? :eek:

warunasanjaya22 said:
waRUNA SANJA

Hi warunasanjaya22, I suggest you introduce yourself in this forum. It works a lot better than just posting your name on someone else's thread ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back