Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bouncing AA Alkaline Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMl

Most Helpful Member
**broken link removed**

I tried this, and it really works...

I have a pile of AAs here, including some virgins. They are all Duracells. I purposely mixed up a half dozen virgins with a half dozen used ones that came out of my camera (which still have some useful life). I sorted them by bouncing them, and then measured with my Fluke, and the six new ones wound up in one pile and the used ones in the other (100% correlation)...

...I might be wrong...maybe I have stuff to learn still...
mmm Still smell a rat. In the kitchen?

I do the bouncing, not the battery cells.:happy:

I use many AA alkaline cells and AA Hi-MH cells. I test them with a battery tester that puts a 10 ohms load on each cell so I can see the voltage collapse on a dead cell that measures pretty good on my high resistance multimeter.

I do the bouncing, not the battery cells.:happy:

I use many AA alkaline cells and AA Hi-MH cells. I test them with a battery tester that puts a 10 ohms load on each cell so I can see the voltage collapse on a dead cell that measures pretty good on my high resistance multimeter.

Thanks AG :)

The whole thing is so crazy..I almost fell for it. Literally.
I had pictures in my mind of people "testing" batteries by bouncing them off a Concrete floor :wideyed:

Then I smelled BS. I mean, I tease and joke a lot...so why should others not do it to me?

Gotta take as good as you give. As long as it brings smiles to faces here...I am a happy chappy :cool:

All the best,
tvtech

The whole thing is so crazy..I almost fell for it. Literally.
No BS: But have you tried it?

I drop them onto the anvil on a small bench vise from a height of ~2". The flat ones go thud, the good ones go clank. You can tell by the sound without looking for the bounce...

No BS: But have you tried it?

I drop them onto the anvil on a small bench vise from a height of ~2". The flat ones go thud, the good ones go clank. You can tell by the sound without looking for the bounce...

Hi Mike

I really don't know how to answer this...except I have hearing problems. So I will not know what has bounced and the sound and all.

Sure I can check casings after throwing them...looking and so on. I can impress Customers this way too. Throwing AA's around the front of the shop..

Like...they bring a Remote Control in. AA's of course. Take the Batteries out and bounce them round the shop....see which of the two bounces the worst/least.

I really think I am being had here. Someone is meddling with my Brain.

Gotta think about this :eek:

tvtech

Hi Mike

I really don't know how to answer this...except I have hearing problems. So I will not know what has bounced and the sound and all.

Sure I can check casings after throwing them...looking and so on. I can impress Customers this way too. Throwing AA's around the front of the shop..

Like...they bring a Remote Control in. AA's of course. Take the Batteries out and bounce them round the shop....see which of the two bounces the worst/least.

I really think I am being had here. Someone is meddling with my Brain.

Gotta think about this :eek:

tvtech
You have to try it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back