Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blood pressure update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funnily enough, my daughter's boyfriend lives down near Oxford, and some of the scenes for Midsomer Murders are filmed near them. It's more hilly up here, and the countryside has been sculpted by mining and quarrying.

That's interesting, we were wondering where it was filmed.

We assume that they use different villages each episode.

Are they all done in that area?

That's interesting, we were wondering where it was filmed.

We assume that they use different villages each episode.

Are they all done in that area?

I've no idea, I presume it's all done around that area of England somewhere, and mixing and matching parts of different villages to 'create' new ones. I didn't know it was even down there, until Andy (the boyfriend) happened to mention it - although I obviously knew it was down south, by the scenary (southern softy country! :D).

EDIT:

A quick google found this: :D

http://midsomermurders.org/locationsindex.htm

Last edited:
Really just living in the country and breathing clean air does say alot for ones health. Every morning I drive down into the haze of smog and wonder what air I'm breathing and what will be the long term effects. Marg's my wife wrote a book on herbs which deals with the ancient medicinal principles of them and eh most of them do work. Every day when I drive out of that cloud of smog and breath clean air I get a good feeling in my body. These days the term 'sea change' or any other saying really means get out of the smog and live a real life.

Nigel hopefully I'm not de-railing your thread but living in the burbs where a cloud of smog hangs over, no wonder there is a heap of people with medical problems.

Cheers Bryan

Sorry if I sound like I am teaching you how to suck eggs, but when you go the for eye examination, take your BP medication with you, as they have to write it to their records also after the 'relaxing' eye drops they put in your eyes prior to the examination, you cannot drive for hours, so you need a back up driver to get you home....

Been there done that...;)

PS: If its anything like our local hospital, take a packed lunch and a flask of coffee..:)

Funny you should have mentioned that! :D

I had a letter from the hospital yesterday, confirming my appointment, and telling me to take all my medication with me, and my glasses - and that I would be there at least two hours. It also said it's likely they will apply eye drops, and I wouldn't be able to drive afterwards. Following your post, I'd already arranged for my daughter to take me there and back, as she's back from Uni now (for 14 weeks - although most of it won't be with us).

Really just living in the country and breathing clean air does say alot for ones health. Every morning I drive down into the haze of smog and wonder what air I'm breathing and what will be the long term effects. Marg's my wife wrote a book on herbs which deals with the ancient medicinal principles of them and eh most of them do work. Every day when I drive out of that cloud of smog and breath clean air I get a good feeling in my body. These days the term 'sea change' or any other saying really means get out of the smog and live a real life.

Nigel hopefully I'm not de-railing your thread but living in the burbs where a cloud of smog hangs over, no wonder there is a heap of people with medical problems.

To be honest, smog isn't much of a problem these days in the UK, even the big cities don't seem too bad.

The London 'pea soupers' shown in the Sherlock Holmes films are long in the past.

Well, still taking the pills, BP slowly coming down - tried the same walk from two weeks ago again, and managed to follow it (just about) this time!. I did manage to find the missing chimney, but only after circling round it - I went past it first time and circled back round the other side, where it's visible from - piture included as proof! :D

The second picture is of an old disused quarry, where a teenager drowned last year - it's well fenced off with warning signs, and by the look of it you'd have to be pretty stupid to want to swim in it.

Attachments

• 22072010006.jpg
    22072010006.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 266
  • 22072010002.jpg
    22072010002.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 279
Nigel,

Glad the BP is coming down. It may be slow, but coming down is a good thing.

How did you hear about the chimney? Is there anything below it in the ground? Will read back and see if you already posted the history of it.

Nigel,

Glad the BP is coming down. It may be slow, but coming down is a good thing.

How did you hear about the chimney? Is there anything below it in the ground? Will read back and see if you already posted the history of it.

It's the old chimney from the steam engine at Gregorys Mine, which was the most profitable lead mine in England.

It was mentioned in the walk I downloaded, as one of the points it went past - but I couldn't find it! :p

Hi Nigel,
It's great to see ya on the rise, maybe a holiday over here in Oz might do you the world of good. Here in South Australia is a nice temperate climate and it is the spot most pom's settle. Where I live in the Adelaide Hill's but a stepping stone to over 500 wineries and with hills on my farm will be great place to check your fitness. If you do decide to come over my family will be glad to host you and give you the warm Aussie feeling that most Ozzies are renowned for.

Cheers Bryan

Hi Nigel,
It's great to see ya on the rise, maybe a holiday over here in Oz might do you the world of good. Here in South Australia is a nice temperate climate and it is the spot most pom's settle. Where I live in the Adelaide Hill's but a stepping stone to over 500 wineries and with hills on my farm will be great place to check your fitness. If you do decide to come over my family will be glad to host you and give you the warm Aussie feeling that most Ozzies are renowned for.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't even hold a passport - nor have the funds for a trip to Oz - much as I'd like to visit down there.

There's plenty of hills round here, and beautiful countryside - I've always lived in small villages - if I think about it, I'll take a photo from my attic window of the view out back. It's not as warm as Oz, but it's pretty temperate here - and we don't have the water problems Oz has (although it does seem to be getting worse here year by year).

I would invite you here to Sunny Florida. But your BP would probably rocket before you left the airport :D

After seeing your walk picture, I now see what I am missing. Would have liked to raise my boys in a place that nice and roomy.

I would invite you here to Sunny Florida. But your BP would probably rocket before you left the airport :D

After seeing your walk picture, I now see what I am missing. Would have liked to raise my boys in a place that nice and roomy.

There's a LOT more room in the States! :p

You've also got climate from warmer to cooler than the UK - just need to find the right spot.

There's a LOT more room in the States! :p

You've also got climate from warmer to cooler than the UK - just need to find the right spot.

Very true.. But I hate snow. Actually, Northern Florida is nice, just no work in the areas I like.

Glad to hear the BP is coming down. Did you have any headaches or dizziness when it was way up there? Do you notice a difference now that it is coming down?

Very true.. But I hate snow. Actually, Northern Florida is nice, just no work in the areas I like.

Does Florida have a 'north'? :p

Glad to hear the BP is coming down. Did you have any headaches or dizziness when it was way up there? Do you notice a difference now that it is coming down?

No symptoms at all, I'm perhaps feeling a little better now, but that could be down to getting more exercise and a slightly healthier diet?. I do think I'm breathing better though, but certainly no amazing improvements.

No symptoms at all, I'm perhaps feeling a little better now, but that could be down to getting more exercise and a slightly healthier diet?. I do think I'm breathing better though, but certainly no amazing improvements.

Any medical restriction on drinking alcohol, I was advised to avoid it by one doctor another said a glass wine a day would be beneficial.?

Any ankle swelling problem.?

Any medical restriction on drinking alcohol, I was advised to avoid it by one doctor another said a glass wine a day would be beneficial.?

I've cut down on alcohol, but the doctor never said to give up on it entirely :D

Ramipril doesn't play too nicely with alcohol, but Felodipine has no such problems.

Any ankle swelling problem.?

No, only side effect was a dry mouth initially, but that seems to have worn off now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back