Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blood pressure update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 65 but am married to a lovely hot Spanish lady. She keeps me going.

AG, I gotta get me one of them senorita's....but I dont think my wife would approve much. She may not be the prettiest at the Prom, but she is a keeper. She welds and does Ornamental ironwork with me in the shop and isnt scared of replaceing her own timing belt in her car with guidance and can skin a deer in a heartbeat. If it werent for her I would have been a dead man already. So she is a keeper. Plus she is a crack shot with a pistola and a rifle so I better not piss her off at me too much messing about with the senoritas'. Hee hee, gotta love her.....the other 2 woulda been a different story all together, but I know when to leave well enough alone with her.
Bob

AG, I gotta get me one of them senorita's....but I dont think my wife would approve much. She may not be the prettiest at the Prom, but she is a keeper. She welds and does Ornamental ironwork with me in the shop and isnt scared of replaceing her own timing belt in her car with guidance and can skin a deer in a heartbeat. If it werent for her I would have been a dead man already. So she is a keeper. Plus she is a crack shot with a pistola and a rifle so I better not piss her off at me too much messing about with the senoritas'. Hee hee, gotta love her.....the other 2 woulda been a different story all together, but I know when to leave well enough alone with her.
Bob

It is fortunate to have a good support system (wife) through all of your hardships with. Imagine doing this alone. Gottaa love em.

It is fortunate to have a good support system (wife) through all of your hardships with. Imagine doing this alone. Gottaa love em.
Ya, imagine doing this alone! ;)

Hi guys and a girl or two,
I wore a portable ECG device for two days a while ago. It showed that my heartbeat sometimes skips a beat and sometimes adds a beat. But I feel fine except my wife notices that I have fast breathing sometimes when I am not doing much. The ECG device showed that my heartbeat was normal when I was huffing and puffing.
Maybe I huff, puff, drool and skip or add a heartbeat when I see a pretty young lady.

Today I got a letter from my heart doctor (cardiologist) that in a week I go for an echocardiogram (a look at my working heart using ultrasound) then in a couple of weeks I go for a Myocardial Perfusion Scan (they inject a radioactive imaging agent into an artery and see my heart working). On the last test I will walk or run on a treadmill until I can't anymore. I am in very good shape so I expect to keep on going and going and surprise them that this old geezer is so strong.
I wonder how long I will glow in the dark?

AG, you wont glow too long, but make sure you drink lots of water to flush the isotope out of your kidneys. Thats where it congregates after doing it's thing for the radiograph/.X-rays. I have to schedule immediate dialysis on cat scan with contrast dye days. It feels weird going in and then a warm feeling in the pit of your stomach follows. They always ask me if I have urinary issues before they shoot the dye, and I tell em I am a dialysis patient, so they hold up till they have an appoinment on the dialysis machine before they finish the test. you would think yhey have all of that written down, but I guess they dont talk among the different specialties within the hospital anymore. Run the young perky little labe (pun) techs down for me bext time ya go!!!!
Bob

Audio Guru,

You are undergoing a nuclear stress test. Been there 3 times already. The two biggest hurdles are keeping pace on the treadmill as it increases in speed and elevation, and lying still on the scan table. Usually the doc likes to ramp me a bit higher than my max heart rate to see how fast I recover back to waking pulse. The shorter the time between both numbers the better fitness level. I have no problem lying still on scan table-- I slumber off easily and you likely wont have the opportunity to see their monitor screen of what's going on. They are blocking it as they watch it. Ask them for apple or orange juice afterwards... they should have it but often like to be cheap and give you water instead for the $ 1300-$1700 your insurance is paying them for! Wear comfy clothing like sweatpants and a T-shirt.

NOTE:
Oh, and there are mean-spirited, lesbian, man-hating nurses that truly enjoy attaching sticky probe patches to a man's hairy chest and they get a jolly climax from yanking them off afterwards. Ask the bull-dyke for the special adhesive removing wipes. They are small like alcohol wipes and easily remove those extra sticky probe patches while leaving most chest hair in place. Damn wimmin !

Last edited:
the $1300-$1700 your insurance is paying them for!
I don't have and don't need insurance. The Canadian government pays for medical care in Canada. But I pay $2.00 for any prescription drug.

Oh, and there are mean-spirited, lesbian, man-hating nurses .....
Ask the bull-dyke .....
I have never been to an American hospital to see all the lesbians. The nurses in Canada are straight, pretty and young.

I don't have and don't need insurance. The Canadian government pays for medical care in Canada. But I pay $2.00 for any prescription drug.

Likewise in the UK, except prescriptions cost £7.20 (I've recently prepaid for a year which now works out quite a bit cheaper for me). However, at AG's age all prescriptions would have been free for the last five years for him.

I've never met an obviously lesbian nurse - not all are young any pretty, but a LOT are :D

Oh - in Canada, as the UK, the 'government' doesn't pay for health care, the peoples taxes pay for it - it's shown separately in the UK as a 'national insurance' contribution by those who work.

Don't tell anybody but even "refugees" coming into Canada get free health care. They also get free hotel and meals in restaurants for a few years until they are sent back to wherever they came from.
Many people do not work (stay at home mothers of young kids, and bums) but also get free health care.

Many immigrants straight off the boat catch a cold for the first time in their lives then clog the hospital emergency ward. But of course they are looked at last. Real emergencies come first.

Hey! I haven't had a cold for a few years. I wonder why. The flu shots I got? My heart medicine? Lots of beer?

Don't tell anybody but even "refugees" coming into Canada get free health care. They also get free hotel and meals in restaurants for a few years until they are sent back to wherever they came from.
Many people do not work (stay at home mothers of young kids, and bums) but also get free health care.

Many immigrants straight off the boat catch a cold for the first time in their lives then clog the hospital emergency ward. But of course they are looked at last. Real emergencies come first.

Basically the same here.

Hey! I haven't had a cold for a few years. I wonder why. The flu shots I got? My heart medicine? Lots of beer?

Funnily enough, I haven't had a cold since I started my BP tablets, I wonder is reducing BP helps your immune system? - or the tablets are a secret cure for the common cold?.

Hope I keep cold free, as they won't do my second eye op if I'm not healthy - and they take your temperature to make sure you're not lying! :D

I am a proponent for private, client paid health insurance and not for gov. plans/pgms. I realize not all people can afford such, but I do believe it speaks volumes for the person who is motivated, educates and markets themself so as to earn a decent living and pay towards their healthcare and retirement rather than rely on problematic gov. programs. I realize this works primarily for those who are consideredfunctional and not for those born indigent and handicapped through no fault of their own. For them, a public program has to be put in place simply out of need and social dignity.

Funnily enough, I haven't had a cold since I started my BP tablets, I wonder is reducing BP helps your immune system? - or the tablets are a secret cure for the common cold?.

"Funnily"??
Anyway - check to see if zinc happens to be an ingredient in your meds. Zinc is a major factor in circumventing and shortening the length of the common headcold. Otherwise, maybe you're just lucky so far.

Last edited:
I am a proponent for private, client paid health insurance and not for gov. plans/pgms. I realize not all people can afford such, but I do believe it speaks volumes for the person who is motivated, educates and markets themself so as to earn a decent living and pay towards their healthcare and retirement rather than rely on problematic gov. programs.

We do pay towards our health care and retirement, it's just that most of it isn't wasted making insurance companies and big hospitals rich.

Last edited:

Me too? But then I drink Scotch with Beer Chaser's.

We do pay towards our health care and retirement, it's just that most of it isn't wasted making insurance companies and big hospitals rich.
But then the government is the middle man, skimming some $$$ as well. Privatized healthcare forces competition.... or at least it's supposed to. Some healthcare insurance providers gang together and strategize as a team approach against us clients and employers. That's where the cracks begin to form. Some other insurance companies run an honest & fair business.

But then the government is the middle man, skimming some $$$ as well. Privatized healthcare forces competition.... or at least it's supposed to. Some healthcare insurance providers gang together and strategize as a team approach against us clients and employers. That's where the cracks begin to form. Some other insurance companies run an honest & fair business.

It 'skims' a LOT less than the insurance companies do over there :p

I gather then health insurance industry lobbyists aren't in bed with the government? Over here the beds are full of all types of people with all kinds of agendas -- lots of sleeping around!

Well I just got a shock!!! Went to the annual vascular surgery follow up with Catscan and they are very happy with the plumbing repair they did. I asked about returning to regular pre-illness pursuits and was told that I can return to Scuba, but I should limit it to 60 or 70 feet. So I am unbeached, but warned that riding my dirt bikes was not good. His stand if if I get traumatized he might not be able to fix it again, so he prefers I dont, but that decision has ben left up to me. So I am riding and diving again. Cant wait to go swim with the Manatees at Crystal River near the nuke plant. They congregate in the warm out flow from the plant so it is not uncommon to see 8 or 10 on a dive. Too cool, I needed a reason to smile a little after the week I had dealing with a state agency and all the other stuff that goes on when you are recovering fro an illness. See all of ya at 20 Meters, or blazin through the woods on my scoot.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back