Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BIOS IC reprogramming using arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiz115

it's the Macronix MX25L1005 (1Mb, SPI Mode 0 and 3) the IC I want to program it's a 3.3v device while the arduino uno SPI i think it is 5V, in that case i need a logic level converter?? how else i can do it with less components on a breadboard? a resistor divider is it suitable or the signals received by the arduino should be 5V?

second thing..even though i know there is SPI library for the arduino I don't know how I should write a code to pass a binary file to the eprom something similar with the following can do the job without issues?

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/SPIEEPROM

Last edited:
For more reliable method than reistotor-divider, see level shifters:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12009
But, I THINK that arduino will read 3v3 signals also. But to be on safe side readings-wise, that level shifter would be safe & cheap way (of course, resistor-divider is much cheaper.
Now I recalled that SPI has separate data lines for MISO (from slave to master) and MOSI (from master to slave)
So, from arduino->BIOS ic (use resistor divider)
from bios->arduino (no resistor divider needed, but can cause false readings.
Sadly I cannot say anything about coding part...

Hi
appreciate your reply.. the product you proposed it's exactly what i'm using :)
had to search alot without the help from the forum but finally i'm ok with SPI
programming using the arduino, but i would like to do the same for I2C
EEPROMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back