Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bill Gates

Will Billy boy Gates ever apologise for windows XP?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tansis

Will Billy boy Gates ever apologise for "windows XP"
[and admit he runs Linux at home? :p ]

Yea windows sucks but i use it anyway.

I was thinking on Linux but they say its a lot of truble instaling.

for those that want to explore the world of linux,
several free distributions can be found for download.

Knoppix looks interesting , and a version of Suse is doing the rounds that will boot from the DVD drive , but let us no forget the brave rebels of the
Free-DOS movement nor the Arachne labs.

Yes, DOS is not dead!

Modern tweaks will allow USB suport , web browsing , audio and video have not been forgot (even the DivX codec is supported), ideal if you plan on stripping down an old computer for installation in a car.

i would use linux but if i did i couldn't use any programmes to programme my pics, draw good shematics, draw good boards and print them on 1:1 scale. could not play my fawurite games or do anything else that i love to do. Linux is only for those who sit in electro-tech-online and play linux games and use open office programmes

Jay.slovak said:
I would love to use Linux, but all my programs run under Win only

Ahh well , Linux has a secret...
google for a Linux Windows Emulator

Dont flame me for this but ...

Of all the windows'es i had until now, XP is the most stable both for work and for gaming.

And yes, linux is better, but windows is simpler wich is nice if you have to use it at work and have a boss breathing down your neck...

I used Mandrake Linux for about six months.

Windows is a user friendly device, but it costs hundreds of dollars. Mandrake Linux 8.1 only costs around $30.

And I have been able to leave Linux running for a few months and everything works fine. Windows has to reboot atleast once a day :D

ALthough if you already have windows and am using it for basics stuff, then it's fine. But really expensive!

I always though windows 98 was the most stable :roll:

Nikola

I think Windows 98 and XP are the only OS from M$ that are usable at all... But I really hate BSOD (Blue screen of death), it's really common for Windows (even XP).

XP is the most stable both for work and for gaming

Well I guess that whopping three gigabyte of my hard drive that microsoft now has exclusive use of acts as a pretty good anchor :lol:

Yea i know you have to reboot windows after a long use since they start making wierd stuff.

Im not having problems whith the blue screen of death but viruses and apps and games making errors after an whole day of intensive use whithout a reboot.

I once tryed out the hibrenation.This is wen windows simply stores all the ram in the harddrive at shutdown and loads it back in at startup()for those that dont know it.This makes so you get the exsactly the same screen as before shutdown.First it seemd an cool feture to me but windows depends on reboots so its crap.

Isent there a lot of truble instaling Linux and getind all the hardware to work?

Isent there a lot of truble instaling Linux and getind all the hardware to work?

ABSOLUTELY NOT! well, not with the distrobution that im running. Tansis, im running knoppix, installed to my HD (you can pop the CD in your computer and run it from there if you want, its sort of a demo thing). The HD install is very easy and it takes less time than to install windoze.

hardware is a cinch. I installed a printer on my computer with linux that i couldnt install with windows XP!! a new one too.

As for electronics, eagle provides their program to run on linux. i dont know about SWCAD, or any of those though.

Nigel has said that PIC support is crap on linux unfortunately.

But i must say that i am very satisfied with knoppix thus far.

they say that windows xp is the most stable ever but
windows dos is better even red hat linux 1.0 is more stable than it.
i have to use for all my games and cant be botherd to pay for
winex for linux

I VOTED YES! (just to be different)...

I've looked into using linux...I've been using linux and dos quite a bit at work lately and I think its time to get it on my home PC. I just asked Zach last week about switching over.

Oh and I have never had a legal copy of windows.

Speaking of linux, I am now a complete linux user.

I just got the right parallel to serial cable for my external hardware modemmm and FINALY got the net working with linux and i am soooooooo happy!

long live linux!

I never had an original windows CD too.Why buy this overexpensive OS wen you can get it for free (Microsoft dosent desorve any mony for there crap OS)

They shod name it CrapOS isted of Windows OS

I dont know about going to linux.(im used to windows,but im not used to have it hang)

Exo said:
Dont flame me for this but ...

Of all the windows'es i had until now, XP is the most stable...
Have to agree with you there...
The way all of you get so emotional and irritated with my friend bill, is because you are STUPID...
just 'cause he's more successful than you...

btw, I am a huge linux fan, am getting more and more involved with the development side, and have to say, when I need to run windows, I run XP, 'cause it wont stuff you around unless you're a jackass, that's with or without any of the service packs...
A machine is a machine, what you put in comes out...
learn a bit of literacy punks
(I only say this, 'cause you suggested you dont like my friend bill)
nice topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back