Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bicycle powered phone charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remetiffy

Hi

I am planning to make a phone charger powered by a bicycle dynamo like the one seen here on eBay

**broken link removed**

The phone would be a Nokia Lumia and will be used on a sponsored charity cycle ride from Middledbrough to Paris.

The rider would like to be able to keep his phone charged up but does not want to pay the high prices of an off the shelf item.

My question, is this a viable project using the above generator and would the cost of the parts be much less than an off the shelf item.

Thanks

6V may not give enough headroom if the dyno output really is 6V and the Lumia needs 5V at its charging input. What is the output voltage and current rating of the usual Lumia charger?

My question, is this a viable project using the above generator and would the cost of the parts be much less than an off the shelf item.
What is the off the shelf item?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back