Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Biblical evidence of The Big Bang Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
.. and then I stopped reading the bible.

Understandable. The Bible does, admittedly, come across as remarkably mysoginistic. And not a little daunting in its length.

But do not forget the cultural context of the time(s) during which it was written. For instance, slaves were also the norm.

But like much of literature, sometimes one must overlook the cultural context of the time of its writing and the minutia of the story that offend our current sensibilities in order to grasp the core message.

We are, if we so choose, left to our own resources to discern what that core message is.

The more I read bible the more convinced I am that God is a total *******. Has he done anything good for humans.. did he create humans just to watch them suffer? Sadistic a-hole.
Satan is the cause for suffering.

....I wonder if Leonard & Penny will ever get married? lol!

So what do you think about this?

That it is no evidence at all.

Just a dubious reference to an unknown event that nobody witnessed described by an eventually biased (*) person.

(*) By lack of understanding, faith or...you name it.

That it is no evidence at all.

Just a dubious reference to an unknown event that nobody witnessed described by an eventually biased (*) person.

(*) By lack of understanding, faith or...you name it.
And you are not biased I take it? You know, that works both ways?

And you are not biased I take it? You know, that works both ways?

The author, he well could be talking about the sun rising. I do not take dubious meaphores for farfetched deductions. No, gracias.

I keep coming back to this one....
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Adam and Eve, according to the creation myth of Abrahamic religions,[1] were the first man and woman. The story of Adam and Eve is central to the belief that God created human beings to live in a Paradise on earth, although they fell away from that state and formed the present world full of suffering and injustice. It provides the basis for the belief that humanity is in essence a single family, with everyone descended from a single pair of original ancestors

OK everybody in the world is from Adam and Eve. From the IBM National geographic study they can trace Adam back to one guy in Africa and everyone has his DNA. Ok, cool. But..... this guy wasn't the first guy, only the first to survive and Eves line goes back many more years. How can this be?

Adam and Eve, according to the creation myth of Abrahamic religions,[1] were the first man and woman. The story of Adam and Eve is central to the belief that God created human beings to live in a Paradise on earth, although they fell away from that state and formed the present world full of suffering and injustice. It provides the basis for the belief that humanity is in essence a single family, with everyone descended from a single pair of original ancestors

OK everybody in the world is from Adam and Eve. From the IBM National geographic study they can trace Adam back to one guy in Africa and everyone has his DNA. Ok, cool. But..... this guy wasn't the first guy, only the first to survive and Eves line goes back many more years. How can this be?

If the Bible is to be believed, then it looks like the man they claim to be Adam was not actually Adam.

Do you have a link to said study? It sounds very interesting.

But Eve wasn't even Adam's first wife! Adam was with Lilith before Eve, but she wanted to be treated as an equal. So Adam put her out of his house.

But Eve wasn't even Adam's first wife! Adam was with Lilith before Eve, but she wanted to be treated as an equal. So Adam put her out of his house.

As I understand it, Lilith is more of a Jewish myth and a part of their folklore. She is not mentioned in the Torah or the Bible and there is little evidence, if any, that she actually existed or was part of their official belief system.

The author, he well could be talking about the sun rising. I do not take dubious meaphores for farfetched deductions. No, gracias.
That is a very plausible interpretation.

Scientists will continue to seek the origin (time and place) of the Big Bang. I would expect nothing less.

The source of the Big Bang would then be the logical follow-up quest.

Of course, there's no reliable time-line for all of this.

So, for the duration, I'll accept the evidence of the time, place and source of the Big Bang as it's already been portrayed since I know of no irrefutable evidence to the contrary.

As I understand it, Lilith is more of a Jewish myth and a part of their folklore. She is not mentioned in the Torah or the Bible and there is little evidence, if any, that she actually existed or was part of their official belief system.

But in reality that is what all of the early part of the old testament amounts to. Stories that were told and retold before some one decided they should be written down. And much of what is known today as the "Bible" is what the people in power at the time chose to keep. From the many, many different scrolls that were available. Which brings us to another taboo on the forum, politics.

Deaths in the bible,
God around 2.5 million
Satan 10

Mike.
While I think we should be talking science and the bible (did not say verses the bible), I will add to what Mike said.

I have read that 50% of human fetuses do not survive one month. (there existence an death is often not even known) Can we add these numbers to God's count? Don't answer that!

All my life I have been told that God can not change. The new and old testament God is the exact same.
The Albigensian people (Catharism), from southern France believe that the old testament god is satan. The new testament god is the good god. We are involved in the fight between the good and bad gods. The bad god made the earth. The good god is trying to save us from a revengeful god. God (good or bad I don't know) was so upset with the Catharisms that he told other Christians to to kill all the Catharisms, and they almost did. Can we add these numbers to God's count? Don't answer that!

I find the religions from Abraham are "a bludy mess". One of my goals for this year is to study Jainism.

Now someone please say something about science.

One of my goals for this year is to study Jainism.

And maybe later, one day you will read another holy book, not theirs, that insists so much in mentioning "nonbelievers" in such a menacing way that you will doubt if "love" is in their dictionary. This very reason made me to stop reading and forgetting forever any interest on those books. No, gracias. Life is too short.

Now that I think of, I have nothing else to add in this thread.

Sorry, can't resist this.

Deaths in the bible,
God around 2.5 million
Satan 10

Mike.
Source
If it wasn't for satan, those deaths would never had been necessary.
Please say on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back