Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Biblical evidence of The Big Bang Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian, that's actually a misconception about Christianity, it is not about being good, and just being good wouldn't get you to heaven (according to the scriptures).

It all comes down to whether you are a good person or not!

Quite right.
I think that this is nicely summed up in a certain film which had superb philosophical insight into the current human condition and the future of the human race.

"Be excellent to each other!"
Film: Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure

JimB

rc3po, you seem to be arguing with everyone whether they agree with you or not. You are also treading in areas that do not involve the physical world, and you're beginning to come across as a troll. I'm not saying you're wrong, everyone is still welcome to their beliefs. But I don't think there's much left to be said in this thread, especially if you can't keep things focused on science rather than just religion. Please keep it civilized.
I'm not arguing. And I'm trying to keep it on science - they are the ones who only talk about religion. Perhaps you should read the comments again...

I'm not arguing. And I'm trying to keep it on science - they are the ones who only talk about religion. Perhaps you should read the comments again...

If I hadn't read all of the comments carefully and understood them, I would not have posted. My comment still stands.

If I hadn't read all of the comments carefully and understood them, I would not have posted. My comment still stands.
And so does mine.

Like I said, just keep it civilized and science-based.

Why don't you tell them that, tough guy?

I'm telling everyone. Quite honestly I can't see this thread lasting much longer. It's gotten quite off-topic and fully into the realm of religion rather than science. If this continues I'll have no choice but to ask that it be closed.

I'm telling everyone. Quite honestly I can't see this thread lasting much longer. It's gotten quite off-topic and fully into the realm of religion rather than science. If this continues I'll have no choice but to ask that it be closed.
No, you only told me.

I wonder sometimes why I've been given unshakable faith and most people have not. There are many things I could say but you would not believe me. People make their own choices. It's people that discount God without doing any legitimate study that I have a hard time respecting.

it's the intellect of people that discount fact and reason (the only form of sincerity) that i have hard time respecting. but they sure are entertaining, at least in movies (finally, at least now that they can't burn you at stake any more, though some continue to spread their delusion or go unpunished for crimes against children)

should have never been started

Biblical evidence of The Big Bang Theory

Back to the title.

Scientific evidence is good but not conclusive.
Biblical evidence: How can some sheep farmers, thousands of years ago in the middle east, know about the big bang?
Even 2000 years ago "the stars will fall to the earth" they thought stars are pin point sized light in the sky. They did not understand that stars are 1,000,000s of time larger than the earth.
They thought heaven has windows through which God through water, grand and blessings through.
They thought the earth is flat. Land floats on water. The sky is hard (the gods walk on the sky).

Some day people will look back at us and laugh at what we think.

Back to the title.

Scientific evidence is good but not conclusive.
Biblical evidence: How can some sheep farmers, thousands of years ago in the middle east, know about the big bang?
Even 2000 years ago "the stars will fall to the earth" they thought stars are pin point sized light in the sky. They did not understand that stars are 1,000,000s of time larger than the earth.
They thought heaven has windows through which God through water, grand and blessings through.
They thought the earth is flat. Land floats on water. The sky is hard (the gods walk on the sky).

Some day people will look back at us and laugh at what we think.

"The stars will fall to the earth" could have been references to meteorites. To this day we still call them "falling stars" or "shooting stars", even though we know they are not actually stars. Plus, you have to take into account the thousands of different possible translations for the words in the original Hebrew or Greek. I think that's where we (meaning humans) get hung up sometimes. We take the translations literally, when in fact our translation may use a word completely different from the original intended meaning. This can cause a lot of confusion. That is why we should be open to considering the bigger picture, rather than focusing on the specific words. For example, the comment about the earth being flat--That may come from the passages that say "to the ends of the earth". To me that sounds more like a figure of speech, or a general idea rather than a specific description of the earth's structure. The scripture also says that "the earth is a circle". How could they know that it even has a circular outline when seen from space? And again, the word for "circle" in the original Hebrew could probably be translated as "spherical".

If you look closely, there are actually a lot of scientific references made in the bible that the people who wrote it could not possibly have known. It boggles my mind.

Translation is really what makes things difficult and open to misinterpretation, and that misinterpretation is not limited only to non-believers. Religion is a tricky subject, but in many cases it is based on scientific facts.

I agree that translation(s) is/are a problem.
Many people (like me) get an idea and then go looking to probe it. It is possible to probe anything. (to your self)
Early Hebrew is not easy to understand. It was written with out vowels. It evolved to a better language. Hebrew pretty much died out by 200CE.
Hebrew-->Greek-->Latin-->Old English. With each translation there are opportunities for people to make changes.
There must be 100 ways to read the English and 95 ways to understand the Latin and 63 ways to understand the Greek, etc.
Most Christians don't understand how old Jews thought. If you don't know word usage, sayings, expressions, custom ..........how can you translate.

It is hard but, I am trying to see every ones point of view. I need to try harder.

Don't be to hard on yourself. I think religion and politics are hard wired in people.
Software you can just change a couple of lines, but hardware needs a new board. :)

The more I read bible the more convinced I am that God is a total *******. Has he done anything good for humans.. did he create humans just to watch them suffer? Sadistic a-hole.

The more I read bible the more convinced I am that God is a total *******. Has he done anything good for humans.. did he create humans just to watch them suffer? Sadistic a-hole.
Tut tut.... Remember Mr T that others are entitled to their beliefs... Religious people call it "A test of faith"..

If there is a god, he doesn't punish humans.... Humans do!!! Humans acting under the influence of god!!

Tut tut.... Remember Mr T that others are entitled to their beliefs... Religious people call it "A test of faith"..

If there is a god, he doesn't punish humans.... Humans do!!! Humans acting under the influence of god!!

Yes, I agree.. It is sunday and I am bored.. just posting something to get some action.
I actually have an american bible (no different to any other bible, just have it so that I can quote it right in english) here and I've been reading it because of this thread.. Funny book. My girlfriend would be gone if I lived up to that book.
More Irish Coffee.. happy St. Patricks Day (tomorrow).

"The man said,
This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman', for she was taken out of man"

"To the woman he said,
I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

.. and then I stopped reading the bible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back