Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BCD Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this code online and it works perfect for reading from the RTC in BCD and converting to binary to display on the LCD
Code:
void TransformTime(void)
{
    hours    =  (((hours & 0xF0)  >> 4)*10  + (hours & 0x0F)) & 0x3F;   // Transform hours
    year     =   (year & 0xC0) >> 6;                                     // Transform year
    day      =  (((day & 0x30) >> 4)*10    + (day & 0x0F)) & 0x3F;      // Transform day
    month    =  (((month & 0x10)  >> 4)*10 + (month & 0x0F)) & 0x3F;    // Transform month
}

now I need to go the other way to send BCD to the RTC when set the time

As I said in post 7 to go from binary to bcd add (bin/10)*6.
I.E
bcd=bin+((bin/10)*6);
OR
num+=(num/10)*6;

Mike.

Gentlemen, thank you for your input. Pommie I had looked at Ian's algorithm in post #8 but had read right over yours, thanks for pointing it out.

Code:
typedef unsigned char bool;
union
{
    struct
    {
        bool pumptimer1:1;      /*using the bits to flag if */
        bool pumptimer2:1;      /*a run timer is in use*/
        bool pumptimer3:1;
        bool pumptimer4:1;
        bool pumptimer5:1;
        bool pumptimer6:1;
        bool pumptimer7:1;
        bool pumptimer8:1;
    };
}pmptmr;        //pump timer status

++bb;
    timer 0x01 <<bb;            //bit shift to the left "bb" times
    if (pmptmr && timer &= On)
    {
        I2C1_MasterRead(*pdata,3,RTCC,*pflag);
    }
I am setting up a timer to start and stop a pump. The RTC has 240x8 bytes that I am using in five byte blocks. I am using the above struct to flag which timers are in use. I am tring to mask pmptmr with timer (and bit shifting) to pick out which are active but I need help to get it to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back