Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bcd 7447, bi/rbo ,lt , bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3422

I'm trying to build the 7447 BCD from its
schematic, but I don't understand what to do with the BI/RBO, RBI, LT
inputs. I tried grounding them to no success. HELP!
When I plug a ground into those inputs the light blinks. I'm just starting to learn about datasheets so I haven't a clue on how to read the one from ti.
:confused:
http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn74ls47.pdf

Attachments

• sn74ls47.pdf
    814.3 KB · Views: 869
  • Combine digi-counter.pdf
    22.2 KB · Views: 547
RBI is used if you don't want it to count from zero. Otherwise it must be +5V or open (no connection)

BI must always be +5V.

LT is lamp test and must also be +5v.

I got that info from the truth tables. +5V = high (H), Ground = low (L).

I'm trying to build the 7447 BCD from its
schematic, but I don't understand what to do with the BI/RBO, RBI, LT
inputs. I tried grounding them to no success. HELP!
When I plug a ground into those inputs the light blinks. I'm just starting to learn about datasheets so I haven't a clue on how to read the one from ti.
:confused:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/10/sn74ls47.pdf

hi,
Look at this forum link, especially the picture posted.:)

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/displaying-gibberish.98748/?highlight=7447

Attachments

• AAesp10.gif
    AAesp10.gif
    90.8 KB · Views: 3,927
Last edited:
Thanks alot, It really helps. My number shows on the LED but it flickers to 8, says If I have a 2, f and c will flicker on and off, if I have 0, g will flicker. Its driving me mad, I checked my and triple checked my connections they're all fine.

if i may ask also the operating voltage of the IC that the OP posted earlier, or the 7448 kind and also the 74390 used in conjunction with it?

data sheet was not very helpful to me.. it just says VCC.

it could be 12 or 5 volts for all i know.

thanks alot guys and the OP.

if i may ask also the operating voltage of the IC that the OP posted earlier, or the 7448 kind and also the 74390 used in conjunction with it?

data sheet was not very helpful to me.. it just says VCC.

it could be 12 or 5 volts for all i know.

thanks alot guys and the OP.

hi,
The early 74xxxx series is TTL +V is normally +5V.

Attachments

• AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,133
Last edited:
okay eric thanks for your help.

ive been playing with them in a simulator it ran OK with 12v but i guess i'll have to take your word for it, you\re the expert here. i was scared to try it in-circuit before this lol.

okay eric thanks for your help.

ive been playing with them in a simulator it ran OK with 12v but i guess i'll have to take your word for it, you\re the expert here. i was scared to try it in-circuit before this lol.

hi wejos,
This is one the 'pitfalls' with some sims, they are only a tool and the results should be verified with an actual circuit.

As they say, ' if all else fails, read the datasheet'...;)

Last edited:
Question what is X1, X2 and X5

from what little I know, pullup resistors are supposed to be used? or in this case pull down?
always thought HIGH was at or near Vcc.
look it up

hi wejos,
This is one the 'pitfalls' with some sims, they are only a tool and the results should be verified with an actual circuit.

As they say, ' if all else fails, read the datasheet'...;)

:D ill try bear that in mind eric, datasheets always come handy, glad people round here help decipher the voodoo content lol

very interesting stuff thuo, i mean electronics

thank you

thank you for this post OP also

tumbling down the rabbit hole again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back