Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battery usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 9 volt battery can be used as a door stop. You could use it to power a 9V radio.
You really did not give much information.

**broken link removed****broken link removed**
images
**broken link removed**
images
images

LED's have various forward voltages largely dependent on color. So, if they were placed in series you have to have some voltage "left-over" for the resistor. If this was totally battery operated, then you have to have some "wiggle-room" or range that it will work. 8-12 V for instance. Each LED has a current that it operates at. Add them up.

A 12 V 0.5A battery makes little sense. A 12 V 500 mAh battery does. The model tells things about your battery. How long do you want the display to last? Drive by what?

All things change if these are "12 V" high intensity LEDs.

Your problem needs to be formulated better.

Last edited:
A 12 V 0.5A battery makes little sense.

He said 9V - I took it to mean he's got a completely knackered battery out of an old UPS, stuck his multimeter across it on volts and got 9V (showing the battery is no good), and then stuck the meter across on amps and got 0.5A (showing the battery is even less good) :D

This is how my battery looks like ,but dead one(yet providing 9v abd 0.5A).Now say can i use that for my above need

Attachments

• 2-neata-img-2009326214849.jpg
    2-neata-img-2009326214849.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 142
If it wont take a charge then it's gone I'm afraid.... If you put a load on it the voltage will drop further..

I have many of these things and I recharge them with a bog standard car charger ( on slow charge )....

Put it by your door. It should keep the door open. I think 9 volts is about right for a door stop.

Your battery tells you it's rating ... 12V 7 A/hr.

You need to charge it at the initial charge rate to see if you can bring it back to specifications. Search for battery university and read about the care and maintenance of your battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back