Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery life indicator through a TRS connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I have a really cool idea in mind, and I'm wondering if it's even feasible for a relatively cheap price.

I want to make a battery life indicator that's powered through an audio port, in say, a phone's, and connected to a green, yellow, and red LED, switching between them based on the power it receives from the phone or other device. I don't care about playing audio through it, I'm not looking to design headphones, I just want to know if this is possible, and if I can fit it into a really small case, with dimensions smaller than 1x2cm.

I'm not very experienced in electronics, but I do have a soldering kit and I'm willing to learn if you guys have any ideas or suggestions for me. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back