Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Banggood Truth in Advertising :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visitor

I've always assumed that the modules I've received from China with bent header pins were the result of poor packaging and damage during shipping. A bare board in a poly envelope with no padding vulnerable.

This picture came from a Banggood ad that popped up in my Facebook feed. The header pins in the picture are already bent! Wow.

Please, don't take this as an invitation to disparage all things Chinese. Modules like this offer an incredible value and innovative designs.

Screenshot_20210111-074555_Banggood.jpg

Just a symptom of the fact that the people doing the "publicity", have no idea what the equipment is or what it does.

A bit like "Soldering Iron Girl"...

1610376241129.png

Ouch.

JimB

I've always assumed that the modules I've received from China with bent header pins were the result of poor packaging and damage during shipping. A bare board in a poly envelope with no padding vulnerable.

This picture came from a Banggood ad that popped up in my Facebook feed. The header pins in the picture are already bent! Wow.

Please, don't take this as an invitation to disparage all things Chinese. Modules like this offer an incredible value and innovative designs.

The Banggood seller gets cheaper freight costs by pre-bending the pins, that way, the post office doesn't have to take the time to do it.

Actually, as part of a continuous improvement program, they have people perform package tests.
By having boxes and envelopes laid out in random chairs, expecting that someone will sit on the chair.

I hope people realize that I am joking.

Actually, as part of a continuous improvement program, they have people chimps perform package tests.
An infinite number of chimps, throwing an infinite number of packages into an infinite number of trucks.....
We've seen the videos.
SMH.

I actually received a pre-programmed micro from them with all the pins squashed completely flat in various directions. But it works fine :)

If they'd put some packaging inside it would have helped.

Oh sorry I thought you were responding to #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back