Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[b]Help on a simple 12v battery charger. [/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chokolate

Hi to all who view this, :D

i'm actually in desperated needs. i'm apparently doing a school project and i'm not very good in coming out with a design. i have been searching on the net for quite sometime and still couldn't find a suitable design. :(

i need help on a simple 12v battery charger. o/p 12V, 0.5A to charge the battery. The circuit must not have any voltage regulators, ic chips. The circuit would be put together with a transformer.

Need the schematic asap!
thanks in advanced to those whom help me.

I've seen schematics where a zener diode and transistor are used to regulate voltage. Sorry I don't have a URL but if you search under power supply basics you'll find it eventually. Usually it's an extension of a description on how a zener diode is applied in power supplies.

Thanks for the help. i'll go on searching for more. But wat i really need is a circuit, i'm running out of time. :cry: i need a circuit that is simple.

To stevez, can i use a op-amp to regulate the voltage and the current?

Do anyone have a regulator circuit that has a constant output which is 12V and 0.5A? The circuit cannot have a regulator and IC chips.
Would love to recieve more replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back