Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[b]Air Muscle / Bluetooth (help needed please)[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

isil

Hello,
As I don't have the engineering background, this might sound a bit silly but I'd be grateful if you can help. I am trying to build a simple air-muscle system that I can control via bluetooth (as part of my project) My questions are 1)Is there such thing as a digital pneumatic valve that can be attached to an air muscle? 2)Can I attach a bluetooth adaptor to this system?

If this doesn't make sense and anyone decides to help me with this, I can explain the project in detail.

Thanx

There exists a wide range of solenoid actuated air valves,however you are not going to find them on the web pages of Hobby electronics suppliers (watch somebody correct me!) , take a good look around the RS site, they have branches just about everywhere on the planet, cannot suggest a more local supply source.. lack of input!
www.rswww.com
Remote control using "Bluetooth" , well it can be done but it is a bit odd for a novice to attempt, why dont you tell us all a bit, or better still a lot more about what you wish to achieve. Perhaps , with our collective knowledge can find a solution for your needs.

Thank you very much for your reply. I haven't been checking the site for a while, gave up thinking nobody would reply after a few days. I am still trying to find a way around my question but getting more and more confused with suggestions. I am currently reading some bluetooth technical articles to work out the HCI side of the problem.

Also, thank you for the link, it helps a lot. I will post a better formed question soon.

There was a Circuit Cellar article about using bluetooth a year or so ago - a search through their archive might come up with some useful info.

ConnectBlue makes bluetooth modules that are designed to replace a serial port with little programming. They are about $200 though. Taiyo Yuden has a bluetooth module with a built in antenna that avnet.com has for about 35$ each.

Brent

As "air muscle" you can use simple pneumatic cylinder (Festo, SMC, Parker, ...) as actuator and proportional valve as regulator.
All it's left is get some bluetooth device that has 0-10V analog output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back