Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AVR-basic compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue-Iris

AVR's...

I have been playing around with PIC's, but am now looking at avr's, does anyone know of a good avr-basic language to use? Something that lets you use sub routines and pass variables etc..

I bet it has been asked before, but I stumbled accross this site just recently and want to know what people are using at the moment :)

AVR's...

I have been playing around with PIC's, but am now looking at avr's, does anyone know of a good avr-basic language to use? Something that lets you use sub routines and pass variables etc..

I bet it has been asked before, but I stumbled accross this site just recently and want to know what people are using at the moment :)

hi,
Look at the AVR Basic Language here: Oshon Software Homepage

Last edited:
It's not free, but it is good. BASCOM AVR

The trial version is free, and fully function, no time limit. Been using it for a while, no adware, spyware, any sort of crapware. The only limitation of the free version, is only get 4k, which is huge compared to the chips I use. Not sure if it's 4k of BASIC or Flash, but it's plenty for most chips. The retail version isn't super expensive either...

The manual is huge 700+ pages, well written with examples. Also has a built in simulator. You can burn chips too, but never tried it. I still load up AVR Studio to burn the Hex file.

The trial version is free, and fully function, no time limit.
Really!?! Did that change? I have this vague memory of the demo being useless, and didn't want to pay for it because I was mostly an assembler programmer. Anyway, long time ago...

The only limitation of the free version, is only get 4k, which is huge compared to the chips I use.
Generous for a demo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back